stupid wii mod question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by esoterica, Jan 1, 2009.

1. esoterica
    OP

esoterica GBAtemp Regular

Jan 17, 2008
    United States
    Atlanta
    I'm sure this has been answered before, and I've already read the guides to soft-modding a Wii. I just wanted to know the difference between what a hard modded Wii can do versus a soft modded Wii. I think I will attempt to soft mod my Wii later just because it seems pretty simple and harmless, but what can a soft modded Wii actually do? Is it a huge pain in the ass to get pirated games to work? Are there risks for bricking?

2. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    There are risks of bricking if you get the files from the wrong places - no issues getting it going to be honest - its pretty simple
    other than that , same as a hard mod , but cheaper [​IMG]
    have a read of the issues and answers page on my signature

By the way - no one here agrees with pirating games - if you get one as a demo and like it . please go and guy the original [​IMG]

3. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    A hard mod is generally safer than a softmod, and Nintendo can almost do nothing against a modchip in a Wii.

A modchip is actually in your Wii, Nintendo can do hardly nothing against it.

A softchip may be eventually prevented by Nintendo, with an update or so.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice