Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSi bricked yesterday. Yes it bricked. No it will not turn on. This is what happened. I was playing Pokemon SoulSilver I was trying to catch Articuno so I threw an Ultra Ball. When I threw the Ultra Ball I started to mash on the buttons on my DSi so the catch rate will be higher. Once I started to mash the buttons the DSi turned off the battery was full. I turned it on and the power indicater blinked blue once and then turned off. I pressed the power button again nothing happened. I charged it and it was charging. Took it out after finished charging turned the DSi on and nothing. Took out the battery and put it the charger to see if the DSi will work without the battery(maybe it was the batteries fault) (I also remember the DS lite didn't need a battery to run if it was connected to charger) and I turned DSi on and nothing. Yesterday I sent my DSi into Nintendo now I am wondering how long will it take. The closest NOA repair company is in New York I am also in New York but in New York City they are in upstate new york. I tracked my shipping number just now and the DSi is in LATHAM, NY, its destination is East Syracuse, NY. Pretty close to it. I am bored.

I think it bricked because off my Acekard 2i.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's...odd. Games can't actually brick a DS. Or DSi. I know homebrew can...but still. Bet you broke something internally...

Go play random flashgamez.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. It sucks. I remember when I had to send my DSI into Nintendo, because the L, and R buttons locked up. It took them about a week or two to repair, and ship it back out to me. No problems since then.

QUOTE said:
That's...odd. Games can't actually brick a DS. Or DSi. I know homebrew can...but still. Bet you broke something internally...

Go play random flashgamez.

Hehehe.....Got ya.

Meaning of Brick....

Brick: Verb Definition: A event that causes something to be as useful, as a "brick".

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The funny thing is, you broke it BECAUSE you were button mashing
rofl2.gif

I have no sympathy for the stupid
rofl2.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
When I threw the Ultra Ball I started to mash on the buttons on my DSi so the catch rate will be higher.

lecture.gif

You do know you increase the Capture Rate, by tapping the pokeball on the bottom screen with your stylus?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I told Nintendo to replace my DSi. I don't want them to fix it but replace it. So I told them to replace it. I don't want them to fix it because I had a huge scratch on the top of the DSi.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bricks are use full.. what do you think houses are made out of ... its more of a paper weight if you ask me... but I hope you get it fixed.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also sent them my charger because they asked me too. I hope this mistake my repair and send me a DSi XL but that probably won't happen. I don't understand how it even bricked how can mashing buttons break a DS? I really think its the Acekard 2i and that it blown a fuse in the DS.

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That reminds me of my previous DSL, it got micro cracks on the PCB underneath the buttons, I guess from my siblings somewhat aggressive button mashes at times...
The result was random shutdowns, and at times it struggled to even turn on.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Jakob95 said:
Well I told Nintendo to replace my DSi. I don't want them to fix it but replace it. So I told them to replace it. I don't want them to fix it because I had a huge scratch on the top of the DSi.

IS there noone listen with a face like this?*

I told every single person to use a screen protector everytime they buy a gadget with LCD screens.

Nintendo will only repair what is needed to be repaired. I hope the scratch is still in warranty

*DOCTOR WHO 2010

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm still on my first DSL
tongue.gif

It would be funny if he sent the DSI to Ninttendo and it still had the AK2i in it
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F