Stupid Cracked Intros!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by RchUncleSkeleton, Aug 13, 2010.

1. RchUncleSkeleton
    OP

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

Feb 2, 2009
    United States
    California, USA
    Okay, so I appreciate the work that goes into cracking a rom that's not playable, don't get me wrong! But why do cracking teams such as "Suxxors" feel the need to add unnecessary data into the rom by inserting their cracked intro(cracktro) into it. Honestly there's no need for it, they have credit on the release name for the rom and can also include a read me file, like all the other release teams do. It seems like they feel they are all powerful and need to have their team name shown everytime you play the rom. I think that this will only stir more controversy in the community and with the companies whose roms they are cracking by putting their name into the actual game data.

2. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I think they're funny. The one on Megaman Zero Collection with the Commodore 64 style graphics and sound makes me laugh.

3. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    Outside of a few (like that really long one for Tetris Party Deluxe by Suxxors), most of them are short ones that are skipped in a second. And you're getting the games for free, bitching about a small hoop you have to jump through to do this is annoying.

4. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    bah, you go dump your own games and hack it then.

or why not just use the disable intro hex edit......

5. monkat

monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

Banned
    May 21, 2009
    United States
    Virginia
    Poor baby [​IMG] given that you're on this forum, I'm going to assume that you're getting the games illegally and freely anyway - you have no right to complain.

They're not "supposed" to crack the games anyway - it's supposed to be left to the flashcart software programmers.

6. chrissmith9c

chrissmith9c Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 12, 2010
    United States
    A hole
    As long as I get a game for free I could care less about a cracktro
    Reminds me of the gba and some gbc days when it was common to have a cracked intro

7. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    ... Dude, you just have to press a button and it goes away in a second, there's nothing to complain about. If you don't like those cracked intros then go find another dump OR you can go buy the game yourself.

8. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Mar 15, 2008
    Switzerland
    I really don't understand. Why are you complaining ? For those 2-3 seconds of your life you lost ? Please explain to me why these intros are annoying, I really want to understand.

9. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    +1 on hex edit
    if you don't like what you see
    then just hex edit away the intro

as far as i know
    if you search hard ... you might be able to find clean version of those cracked roms

10. luke_c

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    They are the ones that dumped the game so they have the right to do whatever the heck they want to do to it, if you don't like it you can edit it out manually or buy the game and dump it yourself. Intros are a small price to pay considering you're getting the game for free.

11. Juanmatron

Juanmatron Slater Color

Aug 5, 2008
    SEGA's World
    Are you a fucking retarded?

Fix it yourself ¬¬.

12. Bitbyte

Bitbyte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 20, 2003
    Belgium
    ._________.
    They are scene releases, they aren't supposed to spread to p2p and http. The scene cares for the scene and scene loves intros. You really think they'd listen to someone random on a msg board who has probably never dumped a single rom?

13. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Waiting for the OP to respond, lol.

14. Pliskron

Pliskron Banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    Cracktros are so stupid so I just remove them or use the E release. Not a big deal. I just find it hard to fathom that there`s so many jerkoffs that defend them.

15. Bitbyte

Dec 20, 2003
    Belgium
    ._________.
    Jerkoffs? Who are the real jerkoffs, the scene that honours their traditions and keeps supplying you with new games for free or people like you, who just complain and want the games for free?

16. SixtySixHundred

SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

May 21, 2010
    Eternia!
    Most cracktros don't bother me, but some 'Mode7' cracktros go on a bit and you have to wait until a certain time to press start to skip them, those I remove by manually editing hex data.

Other's are fine, it's like, a second of your life!!

EDIT: I don't think the 'Jerkoffs' are defending the cracktros, I think they're defending the scene!

17. mrgone

mrgone GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    Gambia, The
    like someone said in a diffrent thread:

there was a time, when there is no cracktro on the game, it was just a copy, not a release

18. Bitbyte

Dec 20, 2003
    Belgium
    ._________.
    What are you saying? Cracktros have been around since like forever.

19. Dter ic

Dter ic ~

Feb 19, 2009
    it doesn't make a diff when they put 1 damm ntro for your pesure when the game is free anyway

20. Inunah

Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

Banned
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Only time I complain about cracktros is if they break the fucking game.