Skeletron 9000
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I appreciate the work that goes into cracking a rom that's not playable, don't get me wrong! But why do cracking teams such as "Suxxors" feel the need to add unnecessary data into the rom by inserting their cracked intro(cracktro) into it. Honestly there's no need for it, they have credit on the release name for the rom and can also include a read me file, like all the other release teams do. It seems like they feel they are all powerful and need to have their team name shown everytime you play the rom. I think that this will only stir more controversy in the community and with the companies whose roms they are cracking by putting their name into the actual game data.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outside of a few (like that really long one for Tetris Party Deluxe by Suxxors), most of them are short ones that are skipped in a second. And you're getting the games for free, bitching about a small hoop you have to jump through to do this is annoying.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bah, you go dump your own games and hack it then.

or why not just use the disable intro hex edit......

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
Poor baby
frown.gif
given that you're on this forum, I'm going to assume that you're getting the games illegally and freely anyway - you have no right to complain.

They're not "supposed" to crack the games anyway - it's supposed to be left to the flashcart software programmers.

chrissmith9c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as I get a game for free I could care less about a cracktro
Reminds me of the gba and some gbc days when it was common to have a cracked intro

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
... Dude, you just have to press a button and it goes away in a second, there's nothing to complain about. If you don't like those cracked intros then go find another dump OR you can go buy the game yourself.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I really don't understand. Why are you complaining ? For those 2-3 seconds of your life you lost ? Please explain to me why these intros are annoying, I really want to understand.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
They are the ones that dumped the game so they have the right to do whatever the heck they want to do to it, if you don't like it you can edit it out manually or buy the game and dump it yourself. Intros are a small price to pay considering you're getting the game for free.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
They are scene releases, they aren't supposed to spread to p2p and http. The scene cares for the scene and scene loves intros. You really think they'd listen to someone random on a msg board who has probably never dumped a single rom?

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cracktros are so stupid so I just remove them or use the E release. Not a big deal. I just find it hard to fathom that there`s so many jerkoffs that defend them.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Jerkoffs? Who are the real jerkoffs, the scene that honours their traditions and keeps supplying you with new games for free or people like you, who just complain and want the games for free?

SixtySixHundred

Trophies
XP
Country
Most cracktros don't bother me, but some 'Mode7' cracktros go on a bit and you have to wait until a certain time to press start to skip them, those I remove by manually editing hex data.

Other's are fine, it's like, a second of your life!!

EDIT: I don't think the 'Jerkoffs' are defending the cracktros, I think they're defending the scene!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well maybe lol