Hacking Stumped on Acekard 2i Cheats

Shade32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've followed all the instructions online and I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded the usrcheat.dat file, put it in the 'cheats' file of _ak, but every time I try to bring up the cheats for any game while the acekard is plugged into my DS, I'm met with the message "Cheat DB file not found".

I'm assuming this is a fairly common problem, but google didn't yield any results so I thought I'd try my luck here. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is you're using Acekard's official firmware. AKAIO is an alternate firmware which is much much better and due to its supremacy, Acekard no longer maintains it's Official firmware and instead just links to AKAIO. AKAIO's cheat engine is better and that should fix your problem.

To replace Acekard's firmware for AKAIO, backup any skins you like first then delete the "__ak2" folder and the "akmenu4.nds" file. Then download a copy of AKAIO here. Extract it and copy over the "__aio" folder and the new "akmenu4.nds" to the root of your MicroSD.

Place your cheat DB in SD:\__aio\cheats and you should be good to go.

If you're still having problems, it is possible your cheat DB doesn't have the correct game ID for your ROM. This may be due to modification to the ROM such as a translation patch or AP patch or trimming. If this seems to be the issue, report back and we'll focus on that.

Mantis41 said:
the location for the file should be ./_aio/cheats/

Make sure cheats are enabled in the START menu.
It is if you're using AKAIO. By the sound of it, the OP is using the Official firmware for some bizarre reason so his firmware's directory is __ak2.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the location for the file should be ./_aio/cheats/

Make sure cheats are enabled in the START menu.

Edit: beat me to it....

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Shade32 said:
Whoops, I made a mistake in the first post. I am using AKAIO, as my directory is _aio.
Okay then.

0) Make sure cheats are enabled in both global settings and per-ROM settings first.

1) What format is the cheat database in? It should be DAT (preferably) or it can also be DB or XML.

2) If the format is okay, download R4CCE from here (direct link). Extract it and run it to open your cheat database, find your game on the left hand side. Click it and information should load up on the right. Next to game ID there is a "..." button. Browse to your ROM on your MicroSD and the application will scan and set its game ID. Save the database file and copy it to your MicroSD.

Shade32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I check the per-ROM settings? That's the first I've heard of that term.

And if it's worth mentioning (not sure if it is) I'm using a Mac.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
It doesn't matter if you're using a Mac.

I'm going to add some addtional steps that other people have added.

1) delete your current usrcheat.dat
2) get new usrcheat.dat from cheats.gbatemp.net
3) paste usrcheat.dat to x:/__aio/cheats
4) fire up AKAIO
5) hit Start, go to System Options -> Default Patch Options -> Cheat Code Usage -> Enabled
6) pick your favorite older game, and hit the Y button. You should see a "Cheats" button in the Properties window.
7)Assuming you have that Properties window, hit the "Cheats" button (Note there is no physical button assigned to the "Cheats" button.

If you're not seeing a "Cheats" button then you need to check your game. See if there hasn't been an update/re-release of your game. Check if you haven't done anything "weird" to it like trim it, add language packs, or anything else. Use a CRC checker to match against established data.

Let us know if you're able to do the top seven items or if something doesn't work.

Shade32

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did all that, and I'm still getting the "cheat DB not found" message :/ I haven't done anything weird to any of my game files, either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up