Student Suspended Over Facebook Post Wishing Osama Kills Her..

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Teens on the internet are totally confused about this whole Osama bin Laden thing. Not only do they barely know who he is, now they're wishing he would kill their math teachers.

13-year-old Concord, New Hampshire student Kimberly Dell'isola was suspended for five days after she posted on last week on Facebook that she wished Osama bin Laden would kill her math teacher.

OK, she's only 13, but even she should know how dumb it is to wish death upon her middle school math teacher at the hands of Osama bin Laden. Osama bin Laden would never kill your math teacher because 1) over the past few years al Qaeda has switched their focus on conducting small overseas attacks instead of spectacular ones against domestic targets; and 2) Osama bin Laden is dead! What, is he going to, like, crawl out of the ocean as a zombie and strangle him? Even if, somehow, Osama bin Laden was resurrected as a zombie, don't you think zombie OBL would have better things to do than the bidding of some random teen who got a bad score on her Algebra quiz?[/p]

Source (With Video)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
WTF?
Kids arent allowed to joke these days o.O?

Death threats (and wishing death upon people which I consider the same thing) are generally taken pretty seriously, especially when you consider how many incidents have occured in the past.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Law said:
Tanveer said:
WTF?

Death threats (and wishing death upon people which I consider the same thing) are generally taken pretty seriously, especially when you consider how many incidents have occured in the past.
Yeah but it sounds weird really
unsure.gif
Suspension over a post that could very well be a joke? Hmph. Anyways lulz news nonetheless.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back in my day, if you wanted your math teacher dead, you had to do it with your own two hands ! We didn't have zombie terrorists to help us out, no siree!

Five day suspension is a bit much in my opinion though, it's not like she posted a doable plan to kill him... they only even knew she said it because it was on Facebook.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
Law said:
Tanveer said:
WTF?

unsure.gif
Suspension over a post that could very well be a joke? Hmph. Anyways lulz news nonetheless.

Murder may be a joke in your part of the world, but here in the western hemisphere, we value life.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
SamAsh07 said:
Law said:
Tanveer said:
WTF?

unsure.gif

Murder may be a joke in your part of the world, but here in the western hemisphere, we value life.
Irony is, Osama's dead. I know what you're saying "It's still a death threat", but I find it pretty funny.

That said, I think death can be funny.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This seems like it's being overblown, but at least she won't do it again.

I remember something similar yet more severe happened when my friend James was expelled from public school when, in the middle of a class, he stood up on his desk and yelled "I'm going to blow up this school and all the bullies in it!" Obviously, he really couldn't and wouldn't, but he was expelled nonetheless.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personuser said:

I remember something similar yet more severe happened when my friend James was expelled from public school when, in the middle of a class, he stood up on his desk and yelled "I'm going to blow up this school and all the bullies in it!" Obviously, he really couldn't and wouldn't, but he was expelled nonetheless.
I know he's your friend and all but...that was really stupid.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shes only friggin 13. It was a bit too harsh on her, but yeah she probably learnt her lesson.

We have all had our moments where we wished that the maths teacher gets sick, or the english teacher gets stuck in the traffic bla bla.
Its just the mind of a mere child
wink.gif

but yeah, death joke is...

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
machomuu said:
personuser said:

The expel part or the shouting part?

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He was a stupid friend, to be honest, and never really consiered his actions too well.

I think he just cracked that day. He was absolutely TORMENTED by bullies and the administration didn't do crap about it for months. I quit public and went into cyber about a year before all of this started happening, because, essentially, the same thing was happening to me.

Still, suspension is a bit much for something done OUT OF SCHOOL, on a non-school website.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SamAsh07 said:
machomuu said:
personuser said:

The expel part or the shouting part?
The shouting part.

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
"wishing" isnt threatening. and why are the schools stalking little girls facebook accounts...

AND how can someone be suspended from school for something that has NOTHING to do with school or school property or maybe didnt even happen at school.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
terminal_illness said:
"wishing" isnt threatening. and why are the schools stalking little girls facebook accounts...

AND how can someone be suspended from school for something that has NOTHING to do with school or school property or maybe didnt even happen at school.

You say that as though you think it wouldn't concern anybody on her friends list (Family members, or perhaps friends who thought she was being serious) to report it.

And how does it have nothing to do with school when she's wishing death upon a teacher at her school?

That's the important part here. She was wishing death upon another human being. That's as good as a threat in a lot of people's eyes.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
terminal_illness said:

She's wishing for the death of an employee of her school, it has everything to do with it.

Recorderdude

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
terminal_illness said:

That's the important part here. She was wishing death upon another human being. That's as good as a threat in a lot of people's eyes.

Oh noes, the magic wish pixie is going to bring osama bin laden back to life to kill a teacher!

Seriously, I'm sure everyone has WISHED for something briefly that they would never actually get/do.

I WISH the world was overrun and dominated by beautiful, intelligent women who had a thing for animating, gaming musicians and didn't care about all others. Does that mean I'm threatening the world and those who don't animate, game and/or sing to not enjoying such a fate? DOES THAT MEAN IT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN?

nope.avi

death is a bit of a different thing, but I honestly think at most they should've had her apologize to the teacher and get extra work. Suspension is nothing but a day where a kid doesn't have to do schoolwork.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something not quite right here.

I pretty sure I'm going to kill him vs I wish he was dead is different.

Then it on facebook a place to vent. Suspended for five days for venting seem like
a waste of her learning time. Which pretty much make learning with that teacher even
worst.

If I put "oh kill me now" I shouldn't get in trouble for attempt suicide, specially when I wasn't
being serious.

Yes there limits,but saying what see say shouldn't be concerned or a least not this much
as a five days suspended. At my school for fighting you get a minimum of 3 days for fighting.

5 days for venting?

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
personuser said:
Law said:
terminal_illness said:

Oh noes, the magic wish pixie is going to bring osama bin laden back to life to kill a teacher!

Seriously, I'm sure everyone has WISHED for something briefly that they would never actually get/do.

death is a bit of a different thing, but I honestly think at most they should've had her apologize to the teacher and get extra work. Suspension is nothing but a day where a kid doesn't have to do schoolwork.

Once that it's out there that she wishes somebody was dead, what's to stop some crazy nerd trying to win her affections actually harming the teacher? People kill for other people all the time. Just because Osama Bin Laden isn't around to fulfill her wishes doesn't mean somebody else won't.

Be careful what you wish for.

edit: Hell why am I here. Y'all are just a bunch of nerds white knighting a girl you've never even met in the hopes she'll see your posts and have sex with you.

vvvv: And believe it or not, public opinion is more important than fact.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1