Man gets 15 to 30 years for killing wife after she killed their son

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by smile72, Dec 6, 2011.

1. smile72
    OP

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan

Source:http://www.heraldnet...12029855/0/NEWS

Opinions???????

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Assuming things happened like he said, I can actually see where he's coming from. It looked like she murdered both of their children, and he dealt swift justice to her. While...wrong, I honestly don't feel any sympathy for her. Though what he did AFTER that makes him a moron. He should have immediately called 911.

I hope the daughter is well taken care of, is about the only thing I can really say about this.

2 people like this.
  3. Blood Fetish

Member Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

United States
    What brand of flashlight did he use?

4. Ace Overclocked

Member Ace Overclocked My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Italy
    are you being a troll here?
    poor kids, fucked up world 0.o

5. smile72
    OP

Member smile72 NewsBot

Japan
    Yes, he is being a troll.

6. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Dude. If you're going to beat someone to death, you use a fucking Maglight. Only way to do it.

3 people like this.
  7. wasim

Member wasim ♫ Music addict ♫

India
    Poor kids. And this incident will be haunting them for the rest of their life.

:lol:

8. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    Joking aside, though, this is terrible news. That lady deserved to die how she did for killing the son and attempting to kill the daughter. I think the man is at least emotionally justified for what he did, but I can't even really decide whether I think imprisoning him was the right thing to do or not. (On a legal level, yes, it's right. But on a moral level, I don't even know...)

Edit - http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=819.0 Extremely fucking relevant. Topic about usefulness of Maglights as weapons.

9. Pyrmon

Member Pyrmon Burnin' Monkey Love

Canada
    Isn't the sentence extremely reduced if the killing happened at a time of heightened emotions? I even remember a case were the guy was pardoned for killing his father because of that.

10. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    he probably killed them both and tried to pin it on his wife.

11. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    I'm assuming that he was acting under the influence of alot of emotions that'd be hard to explain for someone who hasn't experienced what he did.

Imagine if you opened the front door and find your kids dead and your wife/husband happily told you that he/she killed them, that said, your wife/husband had a history of mental ilnesses on his/her record. There were probably numerous things that went through his mind immediatelly based on instincts, among those would be the need for immediate retribution and obviously "fear for his own safety". The woman was clearly not sane and likely to be a hazard for him, thus he "removed" her.

If I were his attorney, I'd plead temporary, circumstantial insanity. In a moment of such extreme stress, I'm pretty sure he was not responsible for his actions entirely. Afterall, it clearly shows he loved his children AND his wife - immediatelly after killing her, he attempted suicide. After losing his children AND losing his wife, he clearly lost the "sense" of his life - his actions were erratic, non-planned and unreasonable.

He feels responsible, he feels remorse, he knows he's done wrong but he acted upon an impulse, a very basic instinct of protecting his own family from danger. Admittedly "too late", but we cannot forget that in such circumstances he wasn't thinking logically.

1 person likes this.
  12. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    I never knocked on him for killing his wife. Totally in agreement with that set of actions.

The whole taking a bunch of pills and trying to kill himself instead of getting help for his kids (who appeared dead, but he's not a doctor, and his daughter was indeed alive) was what he did moronically.

1 person likes this.
  13. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Well, in his honest judgement at that time they appeared dead. It's likely that the noose made from the scarf loosened as opposed to the band on the boy's neck, allowing small ammounts of air to enter her system, thus sparing her life. The breathing must've been so hardly noticable that he assumed she was dead. Besides, he was just told they were dead by the culprit herself, upon examination they appeared to be dead, his wife was admitting guilt so he had no objective reasons to doubt that his children were gone.

As for the pills, I think he just lost it. He assumed that he no longer had children and just killed his wife, making his further existence simply pointless. He knew that living on would only bring pain and suffering connected to the loss of his beloved ones, so he tried to "cut it short". I bet the only moment of happiness that day was when he was awoken by the little girl - at least one was spared from the "massacre".

14. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    He should have ran and called 911, she didn't have a gun or knife which can kill a man so there was no reason to beat her to death.

15. junkerde
    This message by junkerde has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 7, 2016.
    Dec 6, 2011
  16. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    You clearly underestimate the creativity of insane people. A spoon can be a weapon in the hands of a madman, in this case, a mad woman. A mentally unstable person can use anything as a weapon, moreover, an insane person is very likely to recieve a sudden adrenaline rush once attacking, becoming much "stronger" than you'd assume. Why do you think they keep dangerous loonies in special vests that prevent them from using their arms? To prevent them from hurting themselves and people around them, of course.

Every single object in your direct vicinity can be used as a weapon. The husband used a flashlight and managed to kill the woman despite the fact that flashlights are quite obviously not made for killing anyone. The same could happen the other way around, so your argument about guns and knives is as moot as it gets.

Facts are that the man was faced with his wife who in a state of insanity with previous history of mental ilnesses killed his children and admitted it with no remorse. She was also potentially dangerous and you can't say she wasn't because you weren't there. In a fit of rage, the man exacted revenge, and as much as this is a horrible thing to do, at the time it was sensible to him and hardly "non-justified", unless you find having your children killed "a minor disturbance".

1 person likes this.
  17. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I have to agree with the court here; killing his wife in a fit of rage afterward was still wrong.

That's not saying that I don't feel for the guy, though; I couldn't possibly imagine what he must have been going through.