Hacking Stuck On Preloader menu!!!!!

randyadr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 4.0 U firmware on my soft modded wii, i tried to do a system restore so i tried doing it through the wii settings. It worked but i still had preloader, so then i got back to the system menu everything was gone just the normal channels you get at first were there. So i put in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and tried to update it, the update started but then said it failed. Afterwards it took me to the preloader and i cant get back to the system menu anymore. What should i do?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your system menu has been corrupted somehow. It s a good thing that u can still get to preloader because u can prob fix it.
Just run dop-mii from the HBC and reinstall ur system menu and its ios. IOS must be installed first, but i think dop-mii has protection to ensure that is done.

You will only get one shot at this tho because when you reinstall ur system menu, preloader will get removed so make sure you do it right the first time :-)

randyadr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wifi doesnt work right now, where could i download the files i need, so i can use dop mii. How could i screw it up so it wouldnt work?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
randyadr said:
My wifi doesnt work right now, where could i download the files i need, so i can use dop mii. How could i screw it up so it wouldnt work?
NUS Downloader

or even better, NUS Auto Downloader from my signature

u can only screw it up if your u lose power at the wrong moment, or your hard drive falls asleep somehow during install (its safer to use an SD card to install this). The risks are very small, but they are there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)