Stuck On Preloader menu!!!!!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by randyadr, May 23, 2010.

May 23, 2010
  1. randyadr
    OP

Newcomer randyadr Newbie

United States
    I had 4.0 U firmware on my soft modded wii, i tried to do a system restore so i tried doing it through the wii settings. It worked but i still had preloader, so then i got back to the system menu everything was gone just the normal channels you get at first were there. So i put in Super Mario Galaxy 2 and tried to update it, the update started but then said it failed. Afterwards it took me to the preloader and i cant get back to the system menu anymore. What should i do?

2. benbop1992

Member benbop1992 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    The same happend to me, get a gamecube controller, then you can getout of preloader.

3. randyadr
    OP

Newcomer randyadr Newbie

United States
    Yeah thats not my problem, i cant get to the system menu, when i click system menu its says cant boot file.

4. nikeymikey

Member nikeymikey Waiting for SALT to rescue the Wii U Scene!!

United Kingdom
    Your system menu has been corrupted somehow. It s a good thing that u can still get to preloader because u can prob fix it.
    Just run dop-mii from the HBC and reinstall ur system menu and its ios. IOS must be installed first, but i think dop-mii has protection to ensure that is done.

You will only get one shot at this tho because when you reinstall ur system menu, preloader will get removed so make sure you do it right the first time :-)

5. randyadr
    OP

Newcomer randyadr Newbie

United States
    My wifi doesnt work right now, where could i download the files i need, so i can use dop mii. How could i screw it up so it wouldnt work?

6. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    NUS Downloader

or even better, NUS Auto Downloader from my signature

u can only screw it up if your u lose power at the wrong moment, or your hard drive falls asleep somehow during install (its safer to use an SD card to install this). The risks are very small, but they are there.