Homebrew Discussion Streets of Rage remake V5 - Switch port

Winklepicker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think v5.1 is PC-only (currently), but check out the linked video and see if you've seen a remake like that before, that works on Switch. If you have seen it, please, broaden our SoR experiences.

Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 was ported over to the Original Xbox along time ago, it ran great but memory limitations stopped certain options being enabled (such as shaders effects etc).

This needs to be ported over to switch! its truly the best Scrolling beatemup in existence.

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like that, you may enjoy Streets of Rage Z, Beats of Rage, or 1 of the other many SOR games OpenBOR has. There are a LOT! Seriously, a side-scrolling buffet of joy! Just go to YouTube and type 'OpenBOR Streets of Rage'. Be careful, though, OpenBOR is addictive if you like these kinds of games.

I really like Super Final Fight Gold Plus. So many characters and colors to choose from.

Then, I found myself playing this little goofy, bootleg Silent Hill, lol.

Here's a quick, little starter list with 10 games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

https://gbatemp.net/threads/openbor.499075/

Winklepicker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the BOR games, there are some really fantastic titles such as "Knights and Dragons: The endless quest" and "Nightslahers X" etc.

But "Streets of Rage Remake" really is in a league of its own, its simply outstanding.

Last edited by Winklepicker,
Reactions: MUDD_BR

Winklepicker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump

Hoping a dev sees this, and hoping this gets ported to Switch before "Streets of Rage 4" is officially released :)

COMBOXING

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump

Hoping a dev sees this, and hoping this gets ported to Switch before "Streets of Rage 4" is officially released :)
Well there is hope. Someone has managed to boot Windows 10 on Switch.

So with more work we'll be able to run this game on the Switch, I'm sure it's possible as Windows on ARM SoCs has an x86 emulation layer for 32-bit app software support.

On a related note, I'm able to run the PC version on my Android smartphone. Works with controller or touchscreen too!

COMBOXING

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoRRv5 cannot be ported, as there are no sources available.
Also, it wouldn't run on ARM architecture.
The only way to play on the switch, is by streaming it to the Switch.
Windows on ARM has an x86 emulation layer, so you're able to play 32-bit executables, without much of a performance hit.

With further optimisation it could run at a decent frame rate.

Also, someone made a PSP port of this game. Has bugs, but it works. I've been playing it on the PPSSPP emulator. Surprised as the game is closed source.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Windows on ARM has an x86 emulation layer, so you're able to play 32-bit executables, without much of a performance hit.
With further optimisation it could run at a decent frame rate.
Also, someone made a PSP port of this game. Has bugs, but it works. I've been playing it on the PPSSPP emulator. Surprised as the game is closed source.
The Windows thing would probably not work for the Switch, it might however work on the Linux version.

Hmm, the only PSP thing I saw, was the streaming one, like this:

Edit: It seems like porting BennuGD should be the way to go for the Switch.

Someone was able to get the game on the GCW Zero:

Last edited by HtheB,

COMBOXING

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Windows thing would probably not work for the Switch, it might however work on the Linux version.

Hmm, the only PSP thing I saw, was the streaming one, like this:

Edit: It seems like porting BennuGD should be the way to go for the Switch.

Someone was able to get the game on the GCW Zero:

Yea, the first video is streaming to a PSP, the GCW port also works on the Caanoo (I own that device)

I'm uploading a video, i'll show you soon.

TangentingTangerines

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Streets of Rage Remake v5.1 was ported over to the Original Xbox along time ago, it ran great but memory limitations stopped certain options being enabled (such as shaders effects etc).

This needs to be ported over to switch! its truly the best Scrolling beatemup in existence.
I actually played the Xbox port exclusively. Say what you will about Console gaming, but there's no way in hell I can convince my mates to huddle around a tiny laptop screen playing grab ass with each other just to play multiplayer on streets of rage. An Xbox hooked up to the big screen with controllers though is a different story.
Shame that a working download link to the Xbox version is next to impossible to find these days because of Sega. I actually have it on my Computer and I'd share a MEGA link here but I'm afraid it'd get deleted.

COMBOXING

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually played the Xbox port exclusively. Say what you will about Console gaming, but there's no way in hell I can convince my mates to huddle around a tiny laptop screen playing grab ass with each other just to play multiplayer on streets of rage. An Xbox hooked up to the big screen with controllers though is a different story.
Shame that a working download link to the Xbox version is next to impossible to find these days because of Sega. I actually have it on my Computer and I'd share a MEGA link here but I'm afraid it'd get deleted.
I've been testing the xbox port with an xbox emulator (Cxbx-Reloaded) it runs great! v5.0a

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night