Discussion Streets of Rage remake V5 - Switch port

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Winklepicker, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    It would be great in general. While OpenBOR is OK, a lot of the games that I tried on there never seemed as fun as this labor of love by fans, for fans...

...kind of like Sonic Mania was, except that got the full support of Sega, whereas this got the AM2R treatment from them back in the day!

2. bigwhop23

bigwhop23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Well i got this to run on my nvidea shield tablet i will give this a try on my switch and update you guys.

maddenmike95 likes this.
  3. maddenmike95

maddenmike95 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    United States
    Nice! I will stay tuned for your update.

4. SeongGino

SeongGino The Average One

May 20, 2015
    United States
    Jersey, Jersey
    Running a glorified VM like ExaGear doesn't count.

5. bigwhop23

bigwhop23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2019
    United States
    Oh I wont be using Exagear dont worry

6. maddenmike95

maddenmike95 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    United States
    I was looking for some good mods for streets of rage and came across this one, Streets Of Rage 2x. It looks like it can be played on the switch through the OpenBOR engine homebrew. I think it should work fine as most other OpenBOR games run fine on switch but have not tested it yet. The developer is Kratus who has made some other good streets of rage mods. The newest version of the game is ver. 1.6 and he is still making updates with ver. 1.7 to release soon. I know this is no streets of rage remake 5.1 but really cool nonetheless. Here is the website with the full .pak download for OpenBOR and a couple videos if you or anyone else wants to check it out.

http://kratusgh.blogspot.com/2018/11/streets-of-rage-2x-update-version-16.html

Last edited by maddenmike95, Oct 19, 2019
    alitriple and bigwhop23 like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted