Streets of Rage 4 team signs on some outstanding composers for its soundtrack

When it was announced that a fourth Streets of Rage game was in development after all this time, many fans of the classic beat 'em up series were curious to know if the original composer for the series, Yuzo Koshiro, would return to create the soundtrack for this new entry. Koshiro is a talented composer, known for his work on numerous SEGA games, such as ActRaiser, Streets of Rage 1-3, Shenmue, Sonic 1 for MS/GG, and many other beloved franchises. Nearly a year after the game's initial announcement, publisher Dotemu has confirmed the composers behind Streets of Rage 4; not only will Koshiro return, but three other major composers will be joining him, as well. Yoko Shimomura is also on board, with a previous history of working with Square Enix and on other JRPGs to create soundtracks like the ones for Kingdom Hearts, Super Mario RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Radiant Historia. Keiji Yamagishi will also be composing for the game, having lended his talent to create compositions for Tecmo Bowl and Ninja Gaiden. That's not all, though, as yet another renown artist, especially when it comes to SEGA games, will be writing some original tracks: Hideki Naganuma, the composer for Jet Set Radio, Sonic Rush, and Super Monkey Ball.

Streets of Rage 4 is currently being developed for unknown platforms by Lizardcube and Guard Crush Games. No matter the reception of the game, however, it appears that the soundtrack will be something to keep an eye out for.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I approve of this development.

Is the soundtrack really that good?
This one is not out yet but the sound track to the Streets of Rage franchise is held in high regard pretty much wherever you go. There are a couple of weak tracks within each game, and some reckon the third game's one is a bit experimental (justifiable opinion there) but

and dude gets invited to play festivals to this day

(lineup of that one https://www.redbull.com/fr-fr/red-bull-music-festival-paris-2018-programmation ).

tpax

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yuzo Koshino and Motohiro Kawashima. I feel so happy I could die :cry:

I'm really sad that I missed their live act in Paris last year. Must have been fantastic.

Even in 2019 I still listen to the Streets of Rage soundtrack in the car while driving through the night.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

Panzerfaust

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
SOR2 is my all time fav game on the Mega Drive. Cant even tell you how often I beat the game. Even on mania I still kick ass. And that music...gives me shivers.

I'm glad, that koshiro-san and other legends are on board

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno... while the sound track was impressive having been conducted on a crippled Yamaha sound chip, I am not sure that crappy C&C Music Factory vibe will carry through to today, especially when the sound chips in our hardware are no longer part of what makes the consoles and the games designed upon them unique.

Personally if I were going to dumb a bunch of money into the musick simply for name sake, I believe I'd have gone to an electronic musick legend like Kraftwerk, cEvin Key of Skinny Pupy, Richard James (Aphex Twin), or perhaps someone with a Hip-Hop background like DJ Qbert from The Invisibl Skratch Piklz, L'Orange, Blockhead, or someone along those lines.

Anyhow, just some thoughts. Nostalgia isn't always a good thing, especially when it comes to the 90's.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was I the only one hoping Tee Lopes was going to be part of the sound team? :ninja:

@Chary Yuzo Koshiro also here too with guy from tales games and lady from castlevania games. :)

upload_2019-7-18_9-18-51.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...