Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is inspired by Jet Set Radio, features series composer

SEGA hasn’t made a new Jet Set Radio game in years, which means if fans want a new experience, they’ll need to rely on a spiritual successor of sorts. Lethal League developer Team Reptile is currently working on Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, a funky cell-shaded game where you graffiti and parkour about the world. Taking some serious inspiration from Jet Set Radio, the game even features composer Hideki Naganuma, who worked on the aforementioned series and created its iconic soundtrack. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is on the way and set for a 2022 release on “all relevant platforms”.

RatherSimple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hideki Naganuma, the original composer of Jet Set Radio was literally begging to SEGA to make a new JSR for years and he's been ignored constantly. He's also pretty active on his twitter and still tweeting about JSR constantly. Also puts up great music as well. I'm not even surprised (but I'm glad) that he's involved in this project. Make sure to check out his twitter.

@Hideki_Naganuma

Reactions: DS1 and Xzi
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
"Lethal League"
"Team Reptile"
"New game"

0f25ee2d869ef533343ffaed0b830712.jpg

Love them LL games, stylish and fun to play, gonna be waiting for this, ha!
Maybe could go back to play the games again, mh.

well it seems sega games are getting spiritual sucessors left and right, an indie dev also made a crazy taxi successor called taxi chaos
WHY THE ACTUAL FUCK ISN'T THIS ON PC, FFS
I would be playing the CRAP outta this right now if it was, ugh >:C
Guess thanks for sharing, now I know it exists, ahah

As for Revolt or Hover or what, like, I tried it ages ago, but it didn't really click with me tbh

Last edited by DarkCoffe64,
Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well it seems sega games are getting spiritual sucessors left and right, an indie dev also made a crazy taxi successor called
taxi chaos

Also didnt we get a jet set radio inspired game this gen already?

Taxi Chaos looks bad, and the soundtrack seems as generic as they come. Hover looks somewhat uninspired too, particularly in the level design and animations. Trying to make a proper "spiritual successor" definitely isn't easy.

Last edited by Xzi,
D

Deleted User

Turn up the TV, do you ever read?
Yeah, I'm talking turkey, taking her away
I'm a gonna shout it out for my girl
But it's more than a mom, isn't it?

Extra sugar, extra salt!
Extra oil on the energy!
Extra sugar, extra salt!
Extra oil on the energy!

Shout lady!