StreetPass working better

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by JohanX, Jul 29, 2011.

Jul 29, 2011

StreetPass working better by JohanX at 11:57 AM (837 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. JohanX
    OP

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    There were some discussions on the Acekard forum about what, if anything, changed withe the latest US 3DS System Update (2.1.0-4U).

One thing I have noticed is that StreetPass is working much better. There are three of us at work that carry our 3DS with us. Before the update it could take hours for StreetPass to register. Some days it never registered.

After the update StreetPass usually registers withinn a minute after we get within 30 feet of each other.

2. Pippin666

Member Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Canada
    Placebo effect. You can have 3 streetpass per day with the same person, every 8 hours.

"StreetPass usually registers withinn a minute after we get within 30 feet of each other.". It always been like this for me and my friend everwhere !!!

The fact that FIVE people have the same problem and not me, means the problem came from somewhere else and that the update just coincide with the resolution of your problem.

Pip'

3. JohanX
    OP

Newcomer JohanX Advanced Member

United States
    I understand the 3/day, But that doesn't explain why, before the update, on some days we would never register with each other and others it would take hours to register, then, after the update, we always register within minutes of getting near each other each day.

4. Weaselpipe

Member Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

United Kingdom
    I have had streetpass problems- even at the streetpass event I was getting 1-2 every 5 minutes while other people struggled to keep up with the amount they were receiving. Suddenly about 2 weeks ago it started working fine again

5. Icealote

Member Icealote My Winter...

Australia
    Well that makes sense. Does streetpass still work even if you have the 3DS open/playing with it?

6. Shuji1987

Member Shuji1987 ~

Netherlands
    Well, just a go me and my friends 3DS failed to register a streetpass. Before the update we never had to wait more then a few seconds for it to become active.

7. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Yes.

8. Briadark

Member Briadark GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    After the update I started 3DS sound and it sad Street-Pass update.
    I selected Ok and then you saw the blue update bar (Full whitin a few sec).
    So yes Street-Pass has been updated with the Ver. 2.1.0-4(E)!!!

9. Sicklyboy

Global Moderator Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

United States
    I'll test it again today but I think I have to agree with OP, StreetPass does seem to be working better. I work at Target, and whenever they give me a shift in electronics I keep my 3DS in my pocket all shift to get the StreetPass tag from the display unit we have set up. Guy who works in Photo says he always could get it. I only ever got it twice before the update. Yesterday, I got it without a problem. I'll check it again today.