Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
hyper-fighting-1.jpg

Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting for the Nintendo Virtual Boy has been completed and released. The final game includes Arcade, Survival, Training, and even a 2-player verses mode. The 2-player mode utilizes the yet-to-be-released link cable, which is currently in development, and requires 2 Virtual Boy consoles. 12 characters have made it into the game, including many of our favorites. Special moves, digitized sound, and 3D stereoscopic backgrounds help to complete what is being called one of the best "homebrew" titles to reach the Virtual Boy. The game is currently trading hands between private collectors and due to copyright issues will not see a public release. While there is hope that a ROM may surface, it will be too large to function on the FlashBoy and FlashBoy+. For more information be sure to check out the links below.

:arrow: Hyper Fighting Review
:arrow: Source

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
SO glad this got finished! I know the demo was making everyone antsy for a final release for a long while.

Last I checked, this game only runs on real hardware, though, because no emulators currently play it properly.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
It wasn't really necessary.

Pip'

It is the 1st fighter of its kind on the Virtual Boy. It was also extremely well made and is a treat to play. What wasn't necessary was months of fucking flappy bird clones.

-another world

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Every time I hear some news about the Virtual Boy I wonder if there's an emulator for the Oculus Rift in development. Does Mednafen maybe plan VR support? It would be great to be able to experience the Virtual Boy games in proper 3D for people that don't own a Virtual Boy.

The game looks amazing by the way! Incredible that the Virtual Boy has such a dedicated homebrew scene.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is the 1st fighter of its kind on the Virtual Boy. It was also extremely well made and is a treat to play. What wasn't necessary was months of fucking flappy bird clones.

-another world
The difference is that this game was made purely out of fans, flappy bird clones were easy money-grabbing. And even if this game is going to be sold for a profit then fuck it, it's still better than the mobile videogame market.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would love to get the Full Version and a Emulator that could run it. All I get is this with Mednafen and I cant Map the Controls to my Controller.
HF Result.jpg
HF Result.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Offer to clean house, wash windows, walk dogs, anything. You gotta have drive in life to get anything. Nothing is just given to you, atleast when you get older.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's gud pocket money
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember when I was 14, I lived by a Coffee delivery service, and I asked the owner if I could work, and he had me wash the trucks on weekends to make money.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i did carpet cleaning jobs, it was weird but doable
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    especially with all the tools available nowadays
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back then all i had were brushes, cleaning agents and lots of elbow grease to work with
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most kids don't want to work nowdays, they want everything handed to them. And to think you're poor just cause you don't own a Switch is ridiculous.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, Give me money
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some would say, being poor and healthy is fine, rather than being rich, sick and dying
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    need food? just grow some potatoes or whatever veggie. But society just messes shit up and make us work for paper to buy food
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    being poor and healthy is the worst case scenario because you have the longest amount of time to "enjoy" being poor
  • wolffangalchemist @ wolffangalchemist:
    Yeah back in my late teens I used to mow about 10 lawns every two weeks for $35 a yard. It was stupid big yards I knew where paying a lot more than that to lawn care companies in a some what up tier gated community a few blocks from the area I lived. Was great getting $700 a month with no bills at the time and good excercise too, now I have bills so I never have any money to buy things.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yet kids are always like I WANNA BE ADULT
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish I could go back to 14, living at home free and little to no worries.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kids still have bs getting manipulated easily, believing dumb youtube content etc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If I could go back, I'd be more of a horn ball than I am now. I'd be chasing all the girls I never had the balls to back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd drop out of school sooner
    Yeah I would probably drop out sooner too, the country ass high school I went to wouldn't know intelligence if it hit the up side the head.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I used to play those goonies games on NES, used to piss me off
    I think the most frustrating nes game as a kid to me was contra.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i got school tomorrow, night yall
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, i got school tomorrow, night yall