Street Fighter 6 gets its first gameplay trailer, teases a possible open-world exploration mode

After an underwhelming initial reveal, Capcom has finally given us some more information on Street Fighter 6. There's a lot going on in the trailer, showing off classic characters like Ryu and Chun-li, the relatively recently introduced Luke, and Jamie and Kimberly, the latest fighters in the series. There are a lot of hip hop elements in the trailer, giving an idea of the theme of this game, from the music to the art style. Finally, we have a tease for a possible mode that lets you explore the world and train as your own custom character. Street Fighter 6 is out next year.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SF is possibly my favourite game series ever and I was disgusted with V and had no hope for the series.

I take it all back. This looks UNBELIEVABLE. Can I go to sleep until 2023 please? Anyone have a crowbar? Just hit me with your best shot. I'll see you all SF6 launch day
I'd say V's pretty good now. At release date... yeah no.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Nobody ever:" you know what would be awesome in the next street fighter?"
Someone else: "Haggar as a playable character?"
Nobody ever: "... Yeah, that too. But i want an open world to explore in! :D"

So what's the point there? Going to the gym to grind for stats you should be having already? Being able to trash all the cars in the city? Dragon punch-parkour yourself to the top of a random tower to find mcguffin item nr 154? Boost your Blanka stats by vampire biting everyone in the region?

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Interesting... but I wish they would have gone for SF3 or Alpha1/2 music. Would be compatible with the art style. I got a splatoon vibe from the trailer.
Ryu´s clothing looks a bit more like Gouken´s but his face is basically Zangief. Luke looks even worse than in V. Jamie reminds me of Tekken (even though SF already had a break dancing character with Elena). I´m sure gameplay will be fine though.

Roamin64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find the motion capture in the cutscenes look so bad.. That guy punching the punching bag looks so weak. Also not a fan of the new looks for characters. Ryu looks too pumped for nothing... He never was a huge guy to start with , why is he suddenly so buff? Hopefully true fans like it.. But they haven't pulled me in with this trailer.

cyph3rr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it's kind of funny that the game will come out for the PS4 but not for the Xbox One but I think it makes sense considering that the PS4 is the console that is showing its age the most (in games like Elden Ring the PS4 can run just fine while the Xbox One can barely maintain 25 fps).

I'm quite surprised to see so many games announced for the PS4 for 2023, Sony is doing an excellent job maintaining support for it.
I am wondering if so many video games title release on ps4 because there is not enough ps5 to produce because chip shortage?

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
I think it's kind of funny that the game will come out for the PS4 but not for the Xbox One but I think it makes sense considering that the PS4 is the console that is showing its age the most (in games like Elden Ring the PS4 can run just fine while the Xbox One can barely maintain 25 fps).

I'm quite surprised to see so many games announced for the PS4 for 2023, Sony is doing an excellent job maintaining support for it.
Please stop spreading lies.

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
SF is possibly my favourite game series ever and I was disgusted with V and had no hope for the series.

I take it all back. This looks UNBELIEVABLE. Can I go to sleep until 2023 please? Anyone have a crowbar? Just hit me with your best shot. I'll see you all SF6 launch day
Unfortunately the game looks sluggish as hell ,graphic wise it's Tekken but worst,

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I really don't like the design of Luke, partly because of how worse-than-usual his post match dialog was in SFV, and partly because the lyrics in that song are clunky and cringe as hell (at least the ones in the original announcement trail, idk if they changed it). Also, I think they're having a bit too much fun with the smiling. Looks kind of weird, especially Ryu at 1:55.

But fuck it all, this looks amazing. Street Fighter with actual streets!

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like maybe you have to play walking simulator before you get to fight? That would suck big time. Now have to do fetch quest, earn money, eat, rest, talk maybe even steal before you get to fight aka GTA. Maybe even farming and fishing which is the check list items for most games now.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Seems like Sagat has been replaced by an Italian transgender woman who tries to also win the title of straightest hair in gaming history. Speculation on my part.

IF they want to sell the game in China, they better change the flag from HK to PRC.

Why is this new German fighter standing next to veterans?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hello