Street Fighter 3 rehash?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by ganons, Jul 9, 2010.

Jul 9, 2010

Street Fighter 3 rehash? by ganons at 3:09 PM (1,537 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. ganons
    OP

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    from http://twitter.com/Yoshi_OnoChin

is that Ryu in one of the Street Fighter 3 stage?

http://twitpic.com/235lto

2. Fluto

Member Fluto A potato in disguise

Australia
    lol i didnt see that at first

3. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    oh yes sf3: 4th strike

4. shadow1w2

Member shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    YES, more Street Fighter 3. Do want.
    Just port the perfect dreamcast version to... umm.... everything.....
    Then we are good. All good.

Hmm Super SF4 on sale already? Good I've been waiting for it to lower in price. :3

5. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Time to get my Tech Parry on!

6. ganons
    OP

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    On the left hand side, you can see Ryu, and on the right it appears to be ink swirls that were so commonly shown with the Street Fighter 4 series trailers. Ono said he was working on a clip to show at Comic-Con, and this is very likely a sneak preview of it.

Also, Yoshinori will be speaking on the Street Fighter panel at Comic-Con, and the itinerary might offer some clue as to what he plans on announcing at the show. It reads:

12:00-1:00 Street Fighter Mania!: SSFIV and Beyond! — Producer Super Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono shares his thoughts on SSFIV and presents his exciting vision for the future of the franchise. Experience why everyone can’t get enough of Street Fighter! Featuring Seth Killian, Street Fighter special adviser. Followed by a Q&A session. Room 25ABC

All signs are pointing at another fighting game title from Capcom involving the Street Fighter characters in some way. And if the ink swirls are any indication — likely another game in the Street Fighter 4 series.

7. schismzgz

Newcomer schismzgz Member

The Dreamcast version is far from perfect and SF3 is a bad game any way that I doubt will see a rehash unless it's something in the MvC2 vein.

Right now all signs point to a Tekken vs. SF/Namco vs. Capcom.

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  9. ganons
    OP

United Kingdom
    lol, how wrong you are

10. Paranoid Mouse C

Member Paranoid Mouse C GBAtemp Regular

United States
    [​IMG]
    You trollin?
    Not really interested in a debate;I've just never heard anyone speak ill of SF3. I thought 3rd strike was dope.

11. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    +1 SFIII IMO most definitely > SFIV

I would have love to see 3rd Strike on DS (with online similar to Ultimate MK) rather then SSFIV on 3DS to be honest... [​IMG]

12. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    Agreed. Outside of the roster, SF3 Third Strike is far better SSFIV.

13. schismzgz

Newcomer schismzgz Member

Well, lots of people talk bad about SF3. The game only got noticed after the Daigo parry and while we can all agree that it was dope, the game is still bad. I'm pretty sure that most people that praise it haven't really put much time into it.

Why? Apart from the roster, it's the most unbalanced SF of all time, the parry that lots of people like (because they don't understand how it's really used in high level play) is a bad mechanic and even top 3s players agree that it's the first thing that would need to be changed in a rebalanced game because it negates long range combat, diminishes the need for space control and turns the game into a dumbed down 3D fighter without sidesteps, just pure guessing. If you are really interested in why is 3s such a bad game, there are quite a few old threads on SRK that explain how bad the game really is in terms that people who don't play it much can understand.

I'm not a big fan of SF4/SSF4, but it's pretty ignorant to say that it's worse than 3s.

That doesn't mean it's not a fun game and I'm sure most of the people who really like it at a low-mid level enjoy it a lot, possibly because of the reduced frustration caused by the lack of zoning and the sense of accomplishment you get from some of the game mechanics (parries and hit-confirm supers, for the most part).

On a personal note, if you want to play 3s online there are lots of people playing it on GGPO and Supercade. Because of the huge amount of sprites it won't get the HD treatment, so I'd rather have any other game. A CvS2 with the MvC2 treatment would make MUCH more sense, specially since it's not available with decent netcode anywhere.

14. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    Street Fighter III was amazing!

I'm not even in to fighting games and I loved it.