Strangest Injected Wad problem I've run into ever....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kingleg, Sep 11, 2009.

1. kingleg
    OP

Newcomer kingleg Newbie

United States
    Being that the VC comes out with a decent release every once in awhile, I've been injecting wads myself, particularly ones that will never see the light of day here in the us. I recently injected my all time favorite game, Wonder Project j2 for the n64. Strange thing is, I've injected other wads before, and this wad actually loads up, and the home button works on the wiimote (and the game shows the full intro and appears like it will run fine), but no button will start the game, be it the wiimote, gc controller, or classic controller. Has anyone here ever heard of this problem, and is there a way to fix it? The only explanation I can come up with is that maybe it is because wonder project j2 originally required a memory pak?? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    I don't know much about injection, but don't you just replace the rom file in a wad from another game? Anyways, did you take a game as base wad that required the memory pack?

3. kingleg
    OP

Newcomer kingleg Newbie

United States
    I tried that, using custom robo v2....I can't really think of any other games on vc right now that required memory pack for saving when they were originally released....can you?

I'm really stumped on this one....