strange power problem after hacking my wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by renejr902, Sep 7, 2011.

Sep 7, 2011
  1. renejr902
    OP

Newcomer renejr902 Advanced Member

Canada
    i hacked my wii yesterday with a complete guide, priiloader... i use pimp my wii last version and made a full installation recommendation.

My wii is 4.2U. it work perfectly. all wii games, homwbrew, channel, wad installer.. No problem at all

BUT when i power off my wii with the remote control, the wii seem to shut down, But the screen is black and not completly off. and the WII green light is still on.

so i have to hold the reset button on the wii for 5-6 seconds to get my wii turn off or i disconnect the wii from the ac adapter. Today I played a lot of time with my wii. i tried several times to get it my wii turn off with the remote control , no luck.

I have my wii since 2 years, i got this new power problem just after hacking it with all that stuff.

i checked all priiloader setting and hacks but i dont think something is wrong.

THANKS for HELP !!! [​IMG]

note: i didnt change any boot option. So my wii boot on health screen with auto A button and launch the wii system menu. i dont boot in any loader or others soft.

2. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    LOL

3. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States

4. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    The app's name had "Pimp" in it, so you know it's trustworthy and safe. [​IMG]

Obviously Brick My Wii (I wonder how it got that name) is the likely culprit, but let's pretend you didn't run it. Go into Priiloader and tell me all your settings and what they are set to. Then go into your hacks and tell me which ones are enabled. Please don't tell me what you think is enabled, check again.

5. renejr902
    OP

Canada
    im checking it right now...

Info on Priiloader main menu:
    IOS v70 - Systemmenu v481 priiloader v0.7 (r138)

On= enable Off= disable LOL

Autoboot: System menu
    Return to: System menu
    Background color: Black
    Use classic Hacks.ini: ON
    USE System Menu IOS: ON

All others are OFF

Auto-Press A at health screen is ON
    Block Disc updates is ON
    Block Online Updates is ON
    Move Disc Channel is ON
    Remove Nocopy Save File Protection is ON

All others are OFF

THANKS FOR HELP , THANKS A LOT !!!

6. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    tl;dr. check to make sure wii connect 24 is off

7. renejr902
    OP

Canada
    THANKS A LOT, Wii connect 24 was ON. im surprised it was off before my hacking.

With Wii connect 24 OFF my Wii turn off correclty. THANKS PEOPLE FOR YOUR HELP.

8. grnorris

Newcomer grnorris Advanced Member

United States
    I know this is an old post but I was wondering if there's a way to keep Wii Connect 24 on. I have a few games that really could use it (Metroid Prime 3 if using friend vouchers and Animal Crossing). There's certain features that just don't work without WC24.

9. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Then turn Wii Connect 24 on. Pretty simple solution. Is there more to why you are asking?

10. grnorris

United States
    Read the old post... If you turn it on then the Wii doesn't power down correctly and there's a black screen when there should be nothing (my TV's default blue screen). I don't have the exact hacks he does but I did follow the Hackmii Guide just to get some backup on my Wii (since it sounds like it could die and I don't want to have to restart everything again like I did with the last one I didn't hack). I don't know if there's anything else that happens with the black screen but it is at least very discerning.

11. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Check Priiloader's settings to see if it's forcing anything.

12. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    WC24 is a "standby" mode for the wii, it's meant to stay on for your convince.(an ninty) so they can update your system. with out you needing to turn it on. after what every ninty desides to do is done, it powers down(back to standby) it's not meant to power down the wii all the way. but as long as you have all the hacks in priiloader set to what they need to be.(block online update) it's safe to use standby (WC24)

13. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Sorry man, unfortunately this is one of those situations where "you can not have your cake and eat it too" (the most dumbest saying of all). If you want your wii to power down completely then you turn wii connect 24 off. If that is not what you mean then I am not understanding your goal.

14. grnorris

United States
    I know WC24 is a standby mode but it usually turns off the screen. Now that I'm thinking about it the reason the screen doesn't turn off is probably because WC24's being prevented from updating the Wii. That brings up the question though of do the hacks affect anything else? Will WC24 still do the useful stuff? Can I have it on with the hacks without damaging my Wii?

15. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Just don't use it. There is no reason good enough to use it and waste your time with it IMHO.

16. grnorris

United States
    Animal Crossing need's WC24 for various features; Metroid Prime 3 needs it for Vouchers; The Mii channel which my siblings use more than I do uses it for Mii's to travel; News Channel, Forecast Channel, Nintendo Channel, and Wii Shop Channel keep their databases up to date when it's on so I can just use the channels instead of waiting 2-5 minutes for data to transfer (and that's just because the Wii has such crappy Wi-Fi, hopefully the Wii-U will correct that mistake).

17. lulwut

Member lulwut GBAtemp Fan

Japan
    no
    the wii can't update when in standby. not even the 3DS can (tho it can download the update and wait to get back on and then say it'll update).
    all the wii does in standby is ping nintendo's site once in a while to see if there is mail or something.

18. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Ok, nothing NEEDS WC24. I've played those games and done all of those things without using WC24. Like, do you really give a shit about the news, forecast, and nintendo channels? And how often do you go to the shop channel? And try more like 1 minute for all the data to download.

But fine then, keep WC24 on. But if you come back in a few months bitching about how your wii is having graphical issues or altogether stops working, I will ask you if you still really needed to have WC24 on. Just understand the choice you make now will impact how long your wii lasts. Well, at least you won't have to worry about WC24 when your wii is dead, and at least I won't have to waste my time trying to talk some sense in to you.

19. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Leave wii connect24 on and enable the setting in priiloader to disable standby. That way the wii shuts off the whole way when you power off.

20. Hells Guardian

Member Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    If you remove priiloader it will solve the issue for some reason this bug exists in some models that wont allow the unit to enter standby from homebrew. I had a unit that had this same problem. As stated above turning on the disable standby option would also work but your wii will turn completely off then and never go to standby It will however allow you to preserve your wii's lifespan too. WC24 is the most useless option for a system I ever seen.