Strange Play-up...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ByteMunch, May 18, 2010.

May 18, 2010

Strange Play-up... by ByteMunch at 6:01 PM (676 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. ByteMunch
    OP

Member ByteMunch GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    So, on new years eve, my DSi had Coca-cola spilt all over it. Having no tools, I could not open it up and fix the sugary damage.
    Anyway, I re-packaged it ready for a nintendo repair, and on the off chance, today I plugged it in. The charging light glowed a VERY dim orange... And it works now.

The only problems are, both screens randomly get horizontal darker lines fuzzy-ing things up,
    It only charges when it's on(wth)
    The time/date reset.(Easy enough to fix I suppose)

So, could I please have some help with troubleshooting? Thanks! [​IMG]

Edit:Made more sense.
    -------------------------------
    On closer inspection and testing, The down button is jammed, the up button stops the charging, and the bottom screen has a dark blob in it...
    Pretty sure it still needs a repair. Is it still in warranty, i've only had it 9months?

2. GUiii11

Newcomer GUiii11 Member

Germany
    try to change the battery it may solve one or other problem , the horizontal darker lines is a problem in the resistors that in the older NDS were next to the battery you could try to adjust them with a screwdriver BUT first remove the battery than do it otherwise you will cause a short circuit , those things may work , with that doesn't work it is a motherboard issue i dont think its worth replacing that , its better buy a new ds
    I dont think they accept this kind of damage on warranty , but you have one year warranty i guess and maybe opening with some care you could give him a little breath of life
    I've got the weirdest problem on mine but I just have it for more than an year , changed the top screen and ramdomly he gives me those weirdness