Strange Play-up...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ByteMunch, May 18, 2010.

1. ByteMunch
    OP

ByteMunch GBAtemp Fan

Jan 2, 2010
    So, on new years eve, my DSi had Coca-cola spilt all over it. Having no tools, I could not open it up and fix the sugary damage.
    Anyway, I re-packaged it ready for a nintendo repair, and on the off chance, today I plugged it in. The charging light glowed a VERY dim orange... And it works now.

The only problems are, both screens randomly get horizontal darker lines fuzzy-ing things up,
    It only charges when it's on(wth)
    The time/date reset.(Easy enough to fix I suppose)

So, could I please have some help with troubleshooting? Thanks! [​IMG]

Edit:Made more sense.
    -------------------------------
    On closer inspection and testing, The down button is jammed, the up button stops the charging, and the bottom screen has a dark blob in it...
    Pretty sure it still needs a repair. Is it still in warranty, i've only had it 9months?

2. GUiii11

GUiii11 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2009
    Gambia, The
    try to change the battery it may solve one or other problem , the horizontal darker lines is a problem in the resistors that in the older NDS were next to the battery you could try to adjust them with a screwdriver BUT first remove the battery than do it otherwise you will cause a short circuit , those things may work , with that doesn't work it is a motherboard issue i dont think its worth replacing that , its better buy a new ds
    I dont think they accept this kind of damage on warranty , but you have one year warranty i guess and maybe opening with some care you could give him a little breath of life
    I've got the weirdest problem on mine but I just have it for more than an year , changed the top screen and ramdomly he gives me those weirdness

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice