Hacking Strange M3i Zero Problem

GosuReece

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought an M3i Zero, put all the required software and whatnot on, and used it comfortably for a few days on my DSi v1.4. After a few days however some strange things started happening. whenever i wanted to change games and reset the DSi via the power button, the M3i cartriged would refuse to show up. Aften ejecting it and reinserting it a few times it would work fine again.

Then after a while it started comming up with an error message along the lines of...

"An error has occurred. Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off"

Now the problem has progressed to the point the M3i cartridge is almost never detected and on the rare occasions that it is it almost never boots properly.
The stranger thing is when it does finally manage to boot right, there are no problems at all. I can play anything with no errors or freezeups whatsoever.

If you have any thoughts on this please share them.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
One thing yo try is cleaning the contacts on the m3. Just give it a good rub with a normal pencil eraser.
Also, something people used to do in the old days (!) was if the card wasn't detecting, open it up and put a little piece of paper in the back(front?) of the cart so that the circuit board is pushed forward a little, this should make sure that good contact is made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...