Hacking Storing 3DS games in the future with later Flash Carts.

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if you look here:

http://www.dhgate.com/32gb-micro-sd-memory...2b3eff097d.html
or http://www.dhgate.com/1-pcs-lot-hot-new-32...55616e1955.html (if you want 1 32gb microsd card.)

You can get 32GB micro-SD cards for about $13 each with SD and mini-SD adapters, or $15 with just an SD adapter.
I'm not sure if the 3DS is compatible with cards of that capacity.

Nevertheless, here's a reference to what has been done with the Wii recently:
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ncedStorage.jsp

Basically, they added support through a firmware update for larger SDHC cards, up to 32GB cards, which is awesome.
I can't see why now the 3DS wouldn't be able to take advantage of 32GB MicroSD (with SD adapters) cards in the future.

From what I read, Nintendo's current games are around 2GB total, as that's what they said their "first generation" of game cartridges would be able to hold.
Later games, they announced, could go up to 32gb.
$12-15 for the ability to hold at minimum 4 later generation games at a time is awesome.
When 3DS flash cards eventually come out, data could very well be cheaper than is currently is, and if you include that fact that you'd still be able to enjoy original NDS games, older consoles (pre-n64) and possibly GBA games, you'd be able to get some MAJOR use out of even a single 32GB Micro-SD card for the 3DS.

I suppose another issue is whether or not said Micro-SD cards will be going into the flash cart, or if the flash carts would be primarily working as an intermediary to emulate the 3DS (and other systems), and would be able to access the SD slot's files, or if it's going to be like traditional NDS flash carts which are equipped with a micro-SD slot for data access.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
games2007 said:
I suppose another issue is whether or not said Micro-SD cards will be going into the flash cart, or if the flash carts would be primarily working as an intermediary to emulate the 3DS (and other systems), and would be able to access the SD slot's files, or if it's going to be like traditional NDS flash carts which are equipped with a micro-SD slot for data access.
Historically speaking, Flash carts don't emulate the hardware that runs them.

I mean good on you to make a hundredth "what if" topic but the answer is always going to be "we'll see."

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so nobody is gonna mention the fact that this for sure are fakes? theres no way in hell 32gb microsdhc cards are going for $12 each, i would love to be proven wrong though

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
so nobody is gonna mention the fact that this for sure are fakes? theres no way in hell 32gb microsdhc cards are going for $12 each, i would love to be proven wrong though

Same. But why can't we focus on actually DUMPING a ROM first, if you might as well guess, I'm going to say SDXC will be the standard for "3DS Flashcarts".

Something like this, but maybe micro by the time the 3DS is actually hacked.

EDIT: BTW OP THAT PICTURE IS OF A 2 GB CARD not a 32 gb.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
*sigh*

Yet another "what if" topic.
hate2.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
Lol if you click the first link and zoom in the microsd clearly says 1gb and the 2nd link clearly says 2gb haha....you can get a 32gb SD card on amazon for like 58$ or so

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
was going to buy some but reading this

The item I received does not hold 32 GB of data, it pretends to but does not but it does hold 7.8GB of data & deletes the contents of anything else loaded. Can I please be sent a new card that actually holds 32GB of data? Please be sure to test by trying to access the data added to the card as you will find that the data does not exist on the card. I'm very sorry to be like this but I feel very let down as I had quite a few people waiting on my feedback for your product. I have requested a reason from you last night but after 24Hrs I get no reply. Please respond to my request of another tested card. Thank you for your time. Regards, Darkman Western Australia

hate2.gif

games2007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
games2007 said:

I mean good on you to make a hundredth "what if" topic but the answer is always going to be "we'll see."

Eh, I used the wrong choice of words in this case.
By emulate, I meant be able to access the 3DS game playing capabilities through an alternate data source.
As of now, flash carts are unable to emulate (or imitate the functions of) the 3DS.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This whole topic is ridiculous, but I know for a fact that you cannot currently buy a 32GB microSD card for under $50.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games2007 said:
Heran Bago said:
games2007 said:

Eh, I used the wrong choice of words in this case.
By emulate, I meant be able to access the 3DS game playing capabilities through an alternate data source.
As of now, flash carts are unable to emulate (or imitate the functions of) the 3DS.
You don't emulate hardware on the hardware you are emulating.

and...I am also tired of these "what if" threads.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
gloweyjoey said:

There's two terms cowboy.
1. English
2. Technology

1. I emulated the way that girl looked by wearing my hair in a ponytail
2. I emulated my n64 using my pc since i'm so pro i can download files from the internet and be pro like that because i'm pro you see.

I don't get this thread.
Multiple reasons, and I can't wrap my head around them to start somewhere with those reasons.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
gloweyjoey said:

1. English
2. Technology

2. I emulated my n64 using my pc since i'm so pro i can download files from the internet and be pro like that because i'm pro you see.

I don't get this thread.
Multiple reasons, and I can't wrap my head around them to start somewhere with those reasons.
Sooo, 2 isn't English?

Check it, DS flash carts do not emulate the DS. There is no need to EMULATE the hardware since you are already using said hardware. Therefore, a 3DS flashcart is not going to need to EMULATE a 3DS because it IS a 3DS. If the card he talks about runs 3DS games outside of the 3DS it is then EMULATING the 3DS.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gloweyjoey said:
Nollog said:
gloweyjoey said:

1. English
2. Technology

I don't get this thread.
Sooo, 2 isn't English?

Check it, DS flash carts do not emulate the DS. There is no need to EMULATE the hardware since you are already using said hardware. Therefore, a 3DS flashcart is not going to need to EMULATE a 3DS because it IS a 3DS. If the card he talks about runs 3DS games outside of the 3DS it is then EMULATING the 3DS.
Nollog, he's right. You wouldn't emulate a 3DS on a 3DS, that'd be like emulating a Wii when you play backups, and that's not what you're doing.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's how I'm going to try to break up this argument about emulation.

When games are loaded on flashcarts, the flashcart emulates CARDFUNCTIONS and I/O WITH THE CARTRIDGE SLOT to the ROM. The 3DS is not emulated, but the card is.

[pleasetellmeifthat'swrong]

Bearpowers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're gonna want flashcarts.

CFW will keep us stuck with SDHC limit.

That means 32GB max.

3DS games are gonna be as big as 8GB Nintendo said.

That's like only 7 or 8 games per card when now we can have 100+

Flashcarts will allow for SDXC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: