Hardware stock switch hanging at second logo

orange-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
Hi Switch gods,

My stock, out of warranty switch is hanging at the second logo.

I've tried hard reboot (12 seconds pwr and then restart) - same thing.

Tried safe mode (power & vol -, shift vol - to vol + and release power) - same thing

Tried maintenance mode ( vol +, vol - and power) - same thing.

opened up the switch - removed eMMC, rebooted without it attached, removed battery.
Just removed battery.

Everything I've tried so far leads to the same result - hanging at the second logo.

I can get it into RCM mode (jump pin 1 & 10, power on & vol +) - when I connect to a windows box it says "connecting APX".

Never backup up or anything like that (hey wasn't interested in hacking for now).

So - what are my options here?

Thanks!

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think I had something similar turn out to be a sd card issue, try any of the following

1. click it in and out,
2. check for anything inside the card reader
3. try a different card or none inserted at all.
4. maybe do a format and start clean

orange-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I think I had something similar turn out to be a sd card issue, try any of the following

1. click it in and out,
2. check for anything inside the card reader
3. try a different card or none inserted at all.
4. maybe do a format and start clean

never had a card in it so far......

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are still some options here, i have had around 2 friend with the same issue, and both of them there was absolutly nothing that revived those system.

But, you can try the following:

Try to bot Atmosphere or Hekate, to see if at least it can boot to HOS.

Try a Manual Downgrade, you will pretty much flash the firmware onto the system manually, however, you can only downgrade it since the PC method works until 6.2.0, however, once on 6.2.0 if its a firmware issue, you will be able to boot using atmosphere / hekate [since they wont care about the burnt fuses mismatch].

The last resort wil be, use them with laka / linux, that was the final result of my friend Switch's.

Reactions: orange-

FXDX

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hi Switch gods,
My stock, out of warranty switch is hanging at the second logo.
I've tried hard reboot (12 seconds pwr and then restart) - same thing.
Tried safe mode (power & vol -, shift vol - to vol + and release power) - same thing
Tried maintenance mode ( vol +, vol - and power) - same thing.
opened up the switch - removed eMMC, rebooted without it attached, removed battery.
Just removed battery.
Everything I've tried so far leads to the same result - hanging at the second logo.
I can get it into RCM mode (jump pin 1 & 10, power on & vol +) - when I connect to a windows box it says "connecting APX".
Never backup up or anything like that (hey wasn't interested in hacking for now).
So - what are my options here?
Thanks!
Suspect M92T36 chip from the loagic board. It should be changed. It's a personal opinion.

M92T36 chip.jpg

Last edited by FXDX,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1