Still running RX tools. Where do CIA files go?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hxcmusic, Dec 4, 2016.

1. hxcmusic
    OP

hxcmusic Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2006
    United States
    Hey guys, I'm still running RX tools on my XL. It's been a long time since I've put any CIA files on my SD card, just trying to remember where they go, and possibly how to get them on there.

Any help would be awesome, Thanks

2. andzalot55

andzalot55 I'm very delicious. mmmm.

Nov 14, 2014
    Canada
    Mc Donalds.
    It can be placed in the root of your SD Card and just install it with whatever .cia installer you used in the beginning.

3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Cuddle lesbian

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
  4. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
  5. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Stop using rxtools,its not safe to use anymore since it lacks firm protection,its not compatible with sun/moon and its become obsolete.

Download the latest release of luma from github (just google it),make 2 folders on the root of your sd card,one called luma and inside the Luma folder a folder called payloads.Put the luma.3dsx file in a folder(should already be in one) then into the 3ds folder.All you need to then is drag and drop the arm9loaderhax.bin into the root of your sd card and boot luma through your hbl.Only takes 5 minutes.

When your ready you can switch to a9lh with this guide https://plailect.github.io/Guide/ Be shure to read everything first before following it and download all the required files in the guide needed.

6. hxcmusic
    OP

hxcmusic Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2006
    United States
    Thanks guys. Initially I Installed SMMaker CIA using FBI on RXTools But I got a black screen and reboot. I updated to Luma 6.6 using the tutorial posted. I updated Emu to 11.2.0-35U. But that black screen reboot is still happening. Than I found this on reddit:

Yeah, they have to reboot to get into extended ram mode, so if you're using a CFW setup that doesn't have reboot patches, or support for rebooting into extended ram mode, these games will fail every time.
    This applies to Luma3DS installed to CTRNAND, but with an SD card without an arm9loaderhax.bin on it in the slot as well.

I have the a9lh.bin on the root of the sd card. Do I have to switch to a9lh to run that CIA?

Thanks

Ominous66521 likes this.
  7. GBAFail

GBAFail Smell my finger.

Oct 26, 2015
    United States
    Uranus
    IDK, just intsall a9lh anyway. It's worth it. SYSNAND CFW is the way to go.

VinLark likes this.