Gaming Sticky keys/blotchy screen

• Thread starter Deleted-171178
  • Start date
  • Views 1,890
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted-171178

OP
Okay, about a week ago I spilt juice on my PSP but wiped it off, and later that day I noticed the D-pad keys were sticking, so I applied some antibacterial spray to them (Sprayed it on and wiped it off) and all was fine. Yesterday I noticed the keys were sticking again so I tried again with a different brand multi-purpose cleaner and it worked again, and I went to bed. At about 11pm I began to play my PSP in bed and as the gameboot loaded I noticed I had a big dark blotch only visible on light screens, so I left it leaned upside down at an angle overnight to try and get it to soak away, and some of it seemed to but I still have some dark patches.
I've read about this and I've been recommended to not open the PSP, and wouldn't want to return it to the shop as it is a 3000 on 5.03.
Does anyone know of a way to fix this other than buying a new screen?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Dunno.. Even if you don't want to, open up the psp and clean the case (on the inside) and the lcd screen with methelated spirits or something

D

Deleted-171178

OP
I guess I will then.
I would take photos for reference but I'm lazy.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Its not too hard to open up a PSP, especially if you just need to get at the buttons or Screen.
There are a few Screws on the Back, one is under the battery, and normally one on the bottom. Undo those and the face plate pops right off. Just be gentle around the screen as its quite easily damage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.