ROM Hack stickman DS

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi,

when i was walking down the street this morning I had an idea for a DS game - stickman DS it would be like a kind of stickman fighting game (you control and fight stickmen) but unforunatley there are just some parts of game programming I just can't seem to manage, so I thought "why not make a team"! that way me and a bunch of other people could work together to try and make a homebrew DS game...

I would,,,

design and make the maps you would fight on (stick maps, to fit in)
try and fit some kind of a story into it
design what actually happens in game...

the actual idea...

/// the player controls a stickman
/// they fight other stickmen (duh!)
/// the fight is fixed to a map.

maps...

i thought of maps as like computer desks, animation software, drawing pads, you know, like arty types of places.

so...

would anyone be willing to join my new team and start work on this game with me.???

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
a street fighter type of thing really, smash bros. wouldn't really work with stickmen.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS_USER_997 said:
a street fighter type of thing really, smash bros. wouldn't really work with stickmen.
I reckon a Smash Bros style one would work better, have different colours, patterns and so on just picture it but its your project.

J

Jackreyes

You could give a stickman a mario hat
tongue.gif

gspawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has anything been done with this project yet? I'd be interested in helping, although I'm not much of a programmer. With something like XtenDS I think it could work though.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like Xiao Xiao without a thought out storyline.

What don't you get of the programming?
It's hard to get a team together if you don't know programming yourself, as most people who know programming start off as designers and then usually only work under others if they know what they're doing and are putting in the work (Normally in Programming). If you are an artist of sorts (Doesn't take much for sticks rly but heh), you could probably offer doing that in exchange for programming help.

lkz1618

Trophies
XP
Country
http://gbatemp.net/style_emoticons/default/gbasp.gif YEAH! I've always been dreaming a stickman ds action fighting game! I used to get a sheet of lined paper and using the lines as platforms, I drew stickmen, ladders, crazy veichles, guns, weapons, and all these other cool things! I'll scan one of the drawings and I'll upload it to you soon. This will be the best game ever! java script:add_smilie(%22:nds:%22,%22smid_%22)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Traps