ROM Hack Stickerhax - Exploit for Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Am I the only one who likes this game?
Nah, just played Sticker Star some weeks ago and being honest it's not bad. It's not great either but it isn't as bad as people tell. Also its soundtrack is cool

Something I wonder btw, we haven't heard anything about this since it could only be installed in a console under 11.2 yet it would work on a console whose firmware were 11.2. May it still be that way with higher firmwares?

Sent from my 1DS with A9LH using Discord Nitro

Last edited by Mr.Faq2015,

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah, just played Sticker Star some weeks ago and being honest it's not bad. It's not great either but it isn't as bad as people tell. Also its soundtrack is cool

Something I wonder btw, we haven't heard anything about this since it could only be installed in a console under 11.2 yet it would work on a console whose firmware were 11.2. May it still be that way with higher firmwares?

Here's the problem with Sticker Star:

• As an RPG on it's own, it would be mediocre. Not bad by any means, but utterly mediocre with no real memorable features outside of the music. The only glaring fault of it is that battles are only damaging to get into, as there is no real reward for fighting and you almost always wind up with a net loss in stickers.
  • However, since it's part of the Paper Mario series it stands out as a sore problem as this series has VERY high standards, mostly due to the glory that is Thousand Year Door.
  • The real issue is that Nintendo seems to view it as their new canon for the Paper Mario series, which up to that point valued good characters and interesting villains instead of Bowser, whereas the current standard is "Bowser is the bad guy", when it used to be "Bowser is the bad guy, but not the real threat", which allowed for the introduction of great villains like Grodus and Count Bleck (and lest I not forget Lord Crump).
  • Also, all NPCs are generic Toadstool people, whereas earlier games also had common enemies as NPCs.
In short: Miyamoto ruined the Paper Mario series by making it more generic (Plumber M rescues Princess P from villain B) and less interesting.

Camostar34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Er... I kinda changed the subject, let's get back!

I dun goofed up and updated to 11.4. I know that soundhax is patched, but what about stickerhax?

I'm on o3ds by the way.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
you can't do userland homebrew on 11.4 as there are no payloads for o3ds. No exploits can be loaded without payloads no matter the exploit

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
it's a secondary exploit, you need to already have a homebrew entrypoint access so you can launch the installer from there. Might as well need to be on 11.1 or lower to install it, iirc it's impossible to install the exploit having v11.2 (and higher? might be a matter of testing). However, it's possible to execute the exploit being on v11.2 (didn't test if working on higher versions, it's unlikely though as gspwn was patched on 11.3 and this exploit requires gspwn afaik without being able to move to udsploit)

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it's a secondary exploit, you need to already have a homebrew entrypoint access so you can launch the installer from there. Might as well need to be on 11.1 or lower to install it, iirc it's impossible to install the exploit having v11.2 (and higher? might be a matter of testing). However, it's possible to execute the exploit being on v11.2 (didn't test if working on higher versions, it's unlikely though as gspwn was patched on 11.3 and this exploit requires gspwn afaik without being able to move to udsploit)
I have a b9s and luma 3ds on 11.5 so I can't install it for my new 2ds?

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a b9s and luma 3ds on 11.5 so I can't install it for my new 2ds?
Assuming you have luma 8.x the answer unfortunately is no, because the userland homebrew implementation (rosalina) doesn't support applications that require target selecting. Since in order to install the exploit on the game you need to have the game (whether digital or retail copy) selected as a target title before launching the application, you can't install the exploit.
What you could try is to get someone else that can install the exploit with their 3ds do it with the settings needed to launch it on your 2ds, then having them handling the savefile to you and import it to your copy of the game with jksm

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Assuming you have luma 8.x the answer unfortunately is no, because the userland homebrew implementation (rosalina) doesn't support applications that require target selecting. Since in order to install the exploit on the game you need to have the game (whether digital or retail copy) selected as a target title before launching the application, you can't install the exploit.
What you could try is to get someone else that can install the exploit with their 3ds do it with the settings needed to launch it on your 2ds, then having them handling the savefile to you and import it to your copy of the game with jksm
Or use legacy build/non-Luma CFW.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Or use legacy build/non-Luma CFW.
Yeah, moving to Legacy Luma is also an alternative. Doubt they'll want to swap cfws though...
In the legacy case, it should be just a matter of getting the hblauncherloader cia, the 11.5 n3ds payload and try installing the exploit (assuming n2dsxl behaves as a n3ds when it comes to userland homebrew entrypoints...)

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, moving to Legacy Luma is also an alternative. Doubt they'll want to swap cfws though...
In the legacy case, it should be just a matter of getting the hblauncherloader cia, the 11.5 n3ds payload and try installing the exploit (assuming n2dsxl behaves as a n3ds when it comes to userland homebrew entrypoints...)
Can you by any chance do it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mine is an old 3ds so now it's totally impossible

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, American. Yet the savefile shouldn't have any region restrictions. Furthermore, using svdt you can backup your savefiles before installing the exploit, then after installing you can replace the saveslots selectively so you get your progress saved in another slot along with the exploit

jimmyj

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, American. Yet the savefile shouldn't have any region restrictions. Furthermore, using svdt you can backup your savefiles before installing the exploit, then after installing you can replace the saveslots selectively so you get your progress saved in another slot along with the exploit
Are you sure you want to do it? Because if you don't want to I have all ready to make emunand,downgrade go luma legacy and install exploit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm