Stephen Colbert is leaving The Colbert Report

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Gahars, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Gahars
    OP

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    "Gahars, surely you're joking or someth-"

[​IMG]

:arrow:The A.V. Club

On the bright side, this must be a very Pyrrhic victory for Suey Park. The Colbert Report is gone... to be replaced by an even better paying and more prominent gig. gg

Anyway... never has this video been more relevant, except maybe in discussions about how you should all watch Strangers With Candy because it's really good.

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Good for him. Always loved watching The Daily Show and the Colbert Report all at once, a shame I'll have to wait for the Late Show to see him but otherwise I think this is pretty good news.

3. Gahars
    OP

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey

I'm torn. On the one hand, I'm happy for Colbert movin' on up. On the other hand, CBS is a quality cesspit. As funny as Stephen is, a lot of that is due to his team of writers and collaborators on the Report. Are any of them following over? And while Comedy Central is pretty lax with what they let him get away with, CBS is probably going to be a lot more restrictive (especially since Colbert's going to be playing to a broader, more general audience in an earlier time slot). Then there's the matter of format - Colbert's dropping the character and the setup of the Report with this move, so it's going to be quite a change up.

I'm a tidbit worried, is all.

4. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Phil's leaving?

And Gahars nailed the hit on the head (or whatever the idiom is) in his reply, it pretty much lists all of my concerns to the letter. Colbert may be heading into vanilla territory.