Steins;Gate 0 Out Now For PC

steins gate 0 steam.png

If you've been wondering why a review of a 2016 game popped back up on the review section, it's because Steins;Gate 0 finally landed on Steam! Coinciding with the airing of the new anime series, PC gamers can now experience the beta worldline with all of the classic Steins;Gate characters and some new ones in this darker universe.

Having tried the PC version myself, I can say that it is a great port with all of what made the game great on PS4. This visual novel plays flawlessly with its vibrant visuals, animations and top-notch voice acting from the original cast. However there is still no English dub for those looking for that feature. Nevertheless, it's the story that the most gripping here and will have you hooked for hours, particularly considering its branching storylines. By adding artificial intelligence as its central hook, Steins;Gate 0 couldn't feel more relevant today. It was just yesterday that Google showcased its AI handling a phone call in a very human-like way to book an appointment. If that isn't an auditory uncanny valley of sorts, then I don't know what is...

The game costs 29,99€ at launch bu if you already own the original Steins;Gate, you can save 10% on Steins;Gate 0 with the discounted Steam bundle. But that’s not all, STEINS;GATE will be up on Steam for a lower price! Steins;Gate Elite, a remaster that features newly animated sequences for certain endings, will also be available for Steam in 2018.

El Psy Kongroo

:arrow: Steins;Gate 0 Official GBAtemp Review
:arrow: Steins;Gate 0 Steam Page

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess this one runs well on wine, as well as the previously available fan-frankesteined together PC version made out of the Japanese PC game and the PS Vita English text. I've been playing that one on my Mac all this time.

Hmmm... I will sure end up buying it, but I sure hope for a Switch version, or at least a native macOS version (well, you can get a PC, you know), or even an XBOX ONE version (yeah, you're a lost cause... not to mention you even talk to yourself as if you were another person).

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: DarthDub and Prans

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess this one runs well on wine, as well as the previously available fan-frankesteined together PC version made out of the Japanese PC game and the PS Vita English text. I've been playing that one on my Mac all this time.

Hmmm... I will sure end up buying it, but I sure hope for a Switch version, or at least a native macOS version (well, you can get a PC, you know), or even an XBOX ONE version (yeah, you're a lost cause... not to mention you even talk to yourself as if you were another person).
Portendo Switch! Port all the games!

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Funny I just finished that one on my Vita last Saturday (and the first game two week ago tho I saw the anime when it was broadcasted). It was freaking amazing and one of the best Visual Novel I've played! I'm now playing Chaos Head (I already played about half of it in 2009 but never finished it) and Chaos Child. I recommend them for the fans of Steins gate. Chaos Head is not as good but still interesting and Child seems pretty awesome after two chapter. Just don't watch either of the anime adaptation ahah

Damn I want more info about Robotics;Notes western release and I want a Chaos Head Noah release T-T

Last edited by Flirkyn,

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you cannot wait for the anime, then this VN should be enough to purge that Steins;Gate hunger.
Assuming you also like playing a visual novel game of course. More details and multiple endings. ;)
I'm assuming the anime will follow the true ending route the same with the first Steins;Gate anime.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: How you doin xdq?