Homebrew Steelhax installer red screen

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install Steel hax on 11.0 with basehax with the grid launcher but it opens up to a red bottom scrren and a black top screen.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll check because my Homebrew starter kit does it have the payload and I downloaded it from the same place. would you please indicate me your console and its firmware?
2ds on 11.0

just removed menuhax by deleting home menu extdata, before that installing basehax on a friends copy (cant keep it hence need for steelhax) and my homebrew file is a literal rats nest practicaly. If you know where to put it ill try just putting it in.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pay load is there now at the root of the sd card named " steelhax_payload.bin " but it still jumps to red screen the moment I try to open the installer. Not sure if its related but I had the same issue with menuhax manager which I never got resolved. :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

seriously regreting not getting into modding and getting a9lh when i had the chance *sigh

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The pay load is there now at the root of the sd card named " steelhax_payload.bin " but it still jumps to red screen the moment I try to open the installer. Not sure if its related but I had the same issue with menuhax manager which I never got resolved. :/

seriously regreting not getting into modding and getting a9lh when i had the chance *sigh

Did you copy the zip folder to the 3ds folder in your sd?

Don't, dude, just be patient.

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unzipped the folder and put that in the 3ds folder
sd/3ds/steelhax installer/ .3dsx and other files

JCCG1989

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just did the method and worked fine in my 3DS, are you using a CIA homebrew or just the starter kit?

And, did you check you have Internet conection?

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i started up doing homebrew with the starter pack on 11.0 through browser hax then adding menuhax as my access method, whole bunch of adding stuff later, ive shifted to the grid luancher(not sure if that effects this) and now ive installed base hax temporarily to install steelhax, i know theres internet access since ive just downloaded boxboxboy, sun/moon demo, and of course steel diver, it did load up my old back up save so maybe I should delete that backup and reinstall for a fresh save?

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
replaced the boot.3dsx file with the one from the starter kit and the 3ds folder too, i put the file for steelhax installer in and it's not showing up in the list in hb launcher :/ ill be back in about half hour

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.0 OH! I did redownload it and now it works, THANK YOU! so much for the help, this thing has been giving me so much trouble, it seems like it might be the version of the hb launcher that effects it, and I had to follow the one trick i found here to get it to work https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/issues/524

and are you serious, 11.2 already, geez :/

Last edited by jt_1258,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill