Gaming Steel Driver 3DS Europe hype tread!

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wahoo the release date is: 06/05/2011. Just tell me do you want this game too? I am kinda excited!
moogle.gif

Discuss here.

Screens and videos soon, reviews as well.
rolleyes.gif

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have it and honestly it's pretty bad.
At first I was super excited for it as you, but when I actually got my hands on it I was super... disappointed.
The controls are pretty tight and it has relatively good graphics but ultimately the game's boring.
Most of the games few missions (I think there were 7) have you going from somewhere in the map to another, this takes about 10 minutes or so depending on your skill and which sub you're piloting. Ocassionally there are enemies which for the most part can be avoided (which is basically what you do in the whole game, avoid obstacles), and in some missions, a boss. Generally bosses are easy and dull. And after every stage there's a periscope mode which lasts about 30 seconds where you shoot other submarines or boats or whatever, and everytime you sink one you get an emblem which basically boosts your submarine's stats if you select it before each mission (think VC2's tank stickers). Then there's another mode whose name I forgot which is like a dumbed down version of Advance Wars, but it can only be played over local wireless, unless you want to play it against the CPU over and over, which is pretty stupid. If anything it's more like a tech demo rather than a game.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Goli said:
I have it and honestly it's pretty bad.
At first I was super excited for it as you, but when I actually got my hands on it I was super... disappointed.
The controls are pretty tight and it has relatively good graphics but ultimately the game's boring.
Most of the games few missions (I think there were 7) have you going from somewhere in the map to another, this takes about 10 minutes or so depending on your skill and which sub you're piloting. Ocassionally there are enemies which for the most part can be avoided (which is basically what you do in the whole game, avoid obstacles), and in some missions, a boss. Generally bosses are easy and dull. And after every stage there's a periscope mode which lasts about 30 seconds where you shoot other submarines or boats or whatever, and everytime you sink one you get an emblem which basically boosts your submarine's stats if you select it before each mission (think VC2's tank stickers). Then there's another mode whose name I forgot which is like a dumbed down version of Advance Wars, but it can only be played over local wireless, unless you want to play it against the CPU over and over, which is pretty stupid. If anything it's more like a tech demo rather than a game.

After reading this I lost my hype at once. Ill buy it at Gamemania(they have try before you buy) and Ill give it a shot. This story disappoints me deeply.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc