Gaming Steam wont reach my download max

XpertNoobhacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i recently bought the elder scrolls on steam.
I tested my new internet connection with online speed tests.
They come back at 10/12 Mega bytes per sec (Im gonna type it like that so I dont get confused bytes/bits)
when i download off steam on PC or laptop its very slow (1.4 Mega bytes) absolute max.
I dont have any torrent applications or anything else open to be slowing it down and no matter what i seem to do nothing changes
if anything its slower. now im unsure how to proceed as first id suspected my connection but after testing i get the same 10/12 Mega bytes a sec no matter wifi or wired. Also all throttling options are disabled and changing servers does nothing but make the problem worse.

So any seasoned steam veterans that could help here would be much appreciated.

TheCasualties

Just trying to be helpful
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I get around the same speed when downloading from steam. I've gotten lucky a few times and seen it reach ~30, but that's kind of rare.

I'd guess it's a limitation on Steam's side. Maybe someone else can come in with more info but I've not found reliable way to speed it up.

XpertNoobhacker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry may have pulled the trigger to soon on the question I was hesitant to contact my ISP as I just had the router and line installed and hacked up but as it turns out it is on they're end 'problem at the exchange' so I'd encourage anyone reading this wondering the same to contact they're ISP tech support :) thanks though for the advice :) and I thought I was missing somthing being a noob haha

Last edited by XpertNoobhacker,
Reactions: TheCasualties

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure isps limit the traffick of things like steam to prevent large spikes on their servers. You usually get 10-20% download on steam compared to that of your maximum download speed of your network

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show