I'm just surprised that one of soulx's news thread hasn't been locked :rofl2:

Reactions: 1 person

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like saints row the third won the first community vote....I have no faith in the community

I voted it since I've been wanting it, the other games I already owned. Picked up Saints 3 + DLC and Warlock + DLC. Not a whole lot of other games I want at this point so I'll watch closely. Want to get crusader kings 2, but when will I ever play it? Lol. Bring on Civ 5 sale (for dlc) and Skyrim for cheaper.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
looks like saints row the third won the first community vote....I have no faith in the community

I voted it since I've been wanting it, the other games I already owned. Picked up Saints 3 + DLC and Warlock + DLC. Not a whole lot of other games I want at this point so I'll watch closely. Want to get crusader kings 2, but when will I ever play it? Lol. Bring on Civ 5 sale (for dlc) and Skyrim for cheaper.

Warlock, i've just been reading up on that game, i can't make up my mind on whether to make the purchase on that one.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I love Steam sales :D ... my wallet on the other hand... lets not think about that.

I have purchased Spacechem and Terraria, I also have my eyes on a couple of the bundles - but already owning some of the games in the bundles puts me off buying them, shame they don't give you gift-able versions of games you already have otherwise I would have spent £80+ by now :glare: Suppose i'll just keep my eyes on the daily/flash/whatever deals and try to pick out the games from those bundles i really want.

Also:

I urge you all to vote for 75% off Magicka so I can buy it.

This!

I already own Trine 2 (on both Steam and my PS3) and Limbo, here's hoping when I wake up tomorrow Magica is 75% off.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, why are sales considered news these days?

Also, ... there is that Steam Deals thread...
This isn't just any sale.
THIS IS THE STEAM SUMMER SALE BABY

...Right, I'm going to ignore you now.

A sale's a sale no matter how you look at it. Add one extra word onto the title and all of a sudden it's special? :/

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

A sale's a sale no matter how you look at it. Add one extra word onto the title and all of a sudden it's special? :/
Do you own a gaming PC? It sounds like you don't. Every PC gamer bows down to Valve for their daily sales. Now that there is a sale like this, one can't help but give up their money. It is like Christmas, I guess. It feels like that, anyway.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Look at those deals man.
This isn't any ordinary sale.
Seriously.
Not to mention this year people were wondering if this was even going to happen so when it does happen it's worth making a news thread to notify people about.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Warlock, i've just been reading up on that game, i can't make up my mind on whether to make the purchase on that one.

I enjoyed it, Civ5 with a fantasy theme, my cup of tea :D Played a short match on another computer and knew I had to get it, eventually.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Do you own a gaming PC? It sounds like you don't. Every PC gamer bows down to Valve for their daily sales. Now that there is a sale like this, one can't help but give up their money. It is like Christmas, I guess. It feels like that, anyway.

I do, and have Steam, and bought tons of games from Sales throughout the year.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
My wallet has stayed firmly in my back pocket so far. Though I'm pissed that Skyrim wasn't in the Bethesda bundle during the holiday sale when I bought it and now it's in the Summer Sale bundle. My jimmies are unstable as hell right now.

Reactions: 1 person

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
My wallet has stayed firmly in my back pocket so far. Though I'm pissed that Skyrim wasn't in the Bethesda bundle during the holiday sale when I bought it and now it's in the Summer Sale bundle. My jimmies are unstable as hell right now.

You haven't bought a game, with all the deals they got on? D:

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

You haven't bought a game, with all the deals they got on? D:

Most games that I would want I already have. I'll probably come away with this with an extremely cheap skyrim deal.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

His point was that this is a yearly event, not just a normal random sale. In addition it's not just one or two games at a slight discount, there's like 50+ games in the sale, often going for 50-75% off. Even titles that normally get just a small discount (mainly recent games

So no, this is not a normal random sale. It's a huge sale, a yearly event, with tons of money saved on tons of games. Therefore it is information that is new and that many people would like to hear about and would gain from, so it's news as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts