Pedobear

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i hate comcast. I'd beat it with a stick if it wasn't already too powerful to be killed. It goes out CONSTANTLY. and im getting sick of it. I used the wi-fi scanner homebrew (airscan, its in the downloads) and it came up with a lot of WEP/WPA. I found a neighbor with OPN wifi (open), but my DS can't detect it with its normal WFC ways... Is there a way I can use his wifi without having to hack him (I'm not going to inflict harm, i just want an alternate solution to comcast when it goes out for 3 days...what can i do to get my neighbors wifi?

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense, but isn't that kind of like stealing in a way? I for one wouldn't want my bandwidth stolen by some stranger. Lets say you do some torrents and and my isp is notified for dl/ing illegal material. (happens often nowadays) I would be getting in trouble for something you had done. I know its for the DS, which wouldn't take much bandwidth, but I am just speaking from a moral standpoint.

Tall Alien

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goshogun1 said:
No offense, but isn't that kind of like stealing in a way? I for one wouldn't want my bandwidth stolen by some stranger. Lets say you do some torrents and and my isp is notified for dl/ing illegal material. (happens often nowadays) I would be getting in trouble for something you had done. I know its for the DS, which wouldn't take much bandwidth, but I am just speaking from a moral standpoint.

and then while they are on the interent their internet crashes they wonder why its going so slow so they call the people but they wont help because the neighbors are getting pissed off because nothing works. then one of them realizes their intarwebz is being stolen by someone (smurfbea) so they march from house to house looking for him with guns and they come to his house with the gun. they forgot to pack ammo so they sock smurf bear upside the face. and then smurfbear tries to get up and attack but the neighbor is hella crazy like he's on steroids and he's beating smurfbears ass senseless. smurfbear gets filled with rage and actually turned super saiyan. the neighbor is like "wtf?" and starts trying to beat up smurfbear but smurf bears level is OVER 9000! so he beats the neighbors ass to death.

sorry.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then there's people like me who leave their wireless open so people who need an internet connection can get one. If they take up too much bandwidth, I just turn down the allocation to non trusted computers. If I get in trouble, I claim stupidity. "I plugged it in and it worked. I didn't know you had to secure it!"

Pedobear

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense idiots, but really. DS doesn't steal bandwidth, nothing can really steal bandwidth except something powerful enough like a pc.

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smurfbear said:
No offense idiots, but really. DS doesn't steal bandwidth, nothing can really steal bandwidth except something powerful enough like a pc.

No, idiot, the definition of stealing doesn't depend on the amount. Idiot.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shabadage said:
And then there's people like me who leave their wireless open so people who need an internet connection can get one. If they take up too much bandwidth, I just turn down the allocation to non trusted computers. If I get in trouble, I claim stupidity. "I plugged it in and it worked. I didn't know you had to secure it!"

Until you find the clause in your ISP provisions that states ... if you KNOWINGLY/UNKNOWINGLY ALLOW unauthorized access to your net connection WIFI/WIRED connection will result in the TERMINATION of your service!

A lot of UK ISP's now have this clause now written into their Terms of Service to stop people doing this and them potentially loosing out on more paying custom!

they are getting wise to these hacks/open wifi sharing schemes/scams!

its upto the individual what they do at the end of the day .... just pointing out that PLAYING DUMB does not always work and can often result in your net being suspended!
frown.gif

Moderate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tall Alien said:
Goshogun1 said:

and then while they are on the interent their internet crashes they wonder why its going so slow so they call the people but they wont help because the neighbors are getting pissed off because nothing works. then one of them realizes their intarwebz is being stolen by someone (smurfbea) so they march from house to house looking for him with guns and they come to his house with the gun. they forgot to pack ammo so they sock smurf bear upside the face. and then smurfbear tries to get up and attack but the neighbor is hella crazy like he's on steroids and he's beating smurfbears ass senseless. smurfbear gets filled with rage and actually turned super saiyan. the neighbor is like "wtf?" and starts trying to beat up smurfbear but smurf bears level is OVER 9000! so he beats the neighbors ass to death.

sorry.

ITS OVER 9000?

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, more than 3 days now!
you have no need to steal or "borrow" wireless internet now

+

smurfbear said:

you shouldn't call tempers idiots if they want to give you advice or to help you!
that's not very nice ;[

Dr.Stiles

Trophies
Website
www.quatchibars.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Martiin said:
well, more than 3 days now!
you have no need to steal or "borrow" wireless internet now

+

smurfbear said:

you shouldn't call tempers idiots if they want to give you advice or to help you!
that's not very nice ;[

I kinda agree.

Okay, Not KINDA, totally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, I love those cotton candy grapes.... so good!!!