Stealing Wi-fi from my neighbor

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Pedobear, Dec 17, 2008.

Dec 17, 2008
  1. Pedobear
    OP

Banned Pedobear Banned

United States
    Well, i hate comcast. I'd beat it with a stick if it wasn't already too powerful to be killed. It goes out CONSTANTLY. and im getting sick of it. I used the wi-fi scanner homebrew (airscan, its in the downloads) and it came up with a lot of WEP/WPA. I found a neighbor with OPN wifi (open), but my DS can't detect it with its normal WFC ways... Is there a way I can use his wifi without having to hack him (I'm not going to inflict harm, i just want an alternate solution to comcast when it goes out for 3 days...what can i do to get my neighbors wifi?

2. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    snag into their router from a computer with wireless, and change their settings to allow your DS to connect!

3. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No offense, but isn't that kind of like stealing in a way? I for one wouldn't want my bandwidth stolen by some stranger. Lets say you do some torrents and and my isp is notified for dl/ing illegal material. (happens often nowadays) I would be getting in trouble for something you had done. I know its for the DS, which wouldn't take much bandwidth, but I am just speaking from a moral standpoint.

4. Tall Alien

Banned Tall Alien Banned

United States
    and then while they are on the interent their internet crashes they wonder why its going so slow so they call the people but they wont help because the neighbors are getting pissed off because nothing works. then one of them realizes their intarwebz is being stolen by someone (smurfbea) so they march from house to house looking for him with guns and they come to his house with the gun. they forgot to pack ammo so they sock smurf bear upside the face. and then smurfbear tries to get up and attack but the neighbor is hella crazy like he's on steroids and he's beating smurfbears ass senseless. smurfbear gets filled with rage and actually turned super saiyan. the neighbor is like "wtf?" and starts trying to beat up smurfbear but smurf bears level is OVER 9000! so he beats the neighbors ass to death.

sorry.

5. Shabadage

Member Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    And then there's people like me who leave their wireless open so people who need an internet connection can get one. If they take up too much bandwidth, I just turn down the allocation to non trusted computers. If I get in trouble, I claim stupidity. "I plugged it in and it worked. I didn't know you had to secure it!"

6. Pedobear
    OP

Banned Pedobear Banned

United States
    No offense idiots, but really. DS doesn't steal bandwidth, nothing can really steal bandwidth except something powerful enough like a pc.

7. Shabadage

Member Shabadage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No, idiot, the definition of stealing doesn't depend on the amount. Idiot.

8. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

Until you find the clause in your ISP provisions that states ... if you KNOWINGLY/UNKNOWINGLY ALLOW unauthorized access to your net connection WIFI/WIRED connection will result in the TERMINATION of your service!

A lot of UK ISP's now have this clause now written into their Terms of Service to stop people doing this and them potentially loosing out on more paying custom!

they are getting wise to these hacks/open wifi sharing schemes/scams!

its upto the individual what they do at the end of the day .... just pointing out that PLAYING DUMB does not always work and can often result in your net being suspended! [​IMG]

9. Moderate

Newcomer Moderate Member

United States
    ITS OVER 9000?

10. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Wow. Now im scared to steal people's internet [​IMG]

11. Martiin

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    well, more than 3 days now!
    you have no need to steal or "borrow" wireless internet now

+

you shouldn't call tempers idiots if they want to give you advice or to help you!
    that's not very nice ;[

12. Pedobear
    OP

Banned Pedobear Banned

United States
    You see tall aliens post as advice?

13. Dr.Stiles

Member Dr.Stiles GBAtemp Regular

Australia

I kinda agree.

Okay, Not KINDA, totally.