Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
EnigmaXtreme said:
I got an error -1017, can anyone help me?

There was an error bug of IOS36 or some IOS fault and you need re-install, dude.
I'm brazilian (yeah... yesterday Brazil wins with great 4x0)... so, my english doesn't good, but ok...

Proceed the steps to resolve your problem of error -1017:

1- First go to HBC and execute the "WAD Manager 1.3" (not confuse with "WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16", ok) and install "IOS36-64-v1042.wad". After install this, press the Home button to reboot Wii.
2- Go to HBC and execute the "WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16" to install the wad "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad". After install this, press the Home button to reboot Wii.
3- Now go to HBC again and execute the "WAD Manager 1.3" (not confuse with WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16, ok), and install the wad "cios_fix.wad". After install this, press the Home button to reboot Wii.
4- Go to HBC again and execute the "cIOS36_rev8-Installer". Select the "WAD Installation".
5- Done

Now try to execute the aplicative "StartPatch", dude!!
Good Luck!!

T-Rex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
techker said:
T-Rex said:
YEAH!!!!!

I resolve the error -1017!!!!! Finally!!!
A friend help me!!!

This problem was the IOS fault!!

I obtain the StartPatch with sucess!!! I can play my original games on Disc Channel!!! No more GeckoOS!!

i tryed opening it with homebrew and it gives me a 1017..

but i have lu64 serial so i guess it doesn't work for me..

My friend (he is brazilian and me too) have the Wii with LU64 (installed HBC with the use of BannerBomb) and he resolved the problem of error -1017!!

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
T-Rex said:
EnigmaXtreme said:

There was an error bug of IOS36 or some IOS fault and you need re-install, dude.
I'm brazilian (yeah... yesterday Brazil wins with great 4x0)... so, my english doesn't good, but ok...

1- First go to HBC and execute the "WAD Manager 1.3" (not confuse with "WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16", ok) and install "IOS36-64-v1042.wad". After install this, press the Home button to reboot Wii.
2- Go to HBC and execute the "WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16" to install the wad "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad". After install this, press the Home button to reboot Wii.
3- Now go to HBC again and execute the "WAD Manager 1.3" (not confuse with WAD Manager 1.3-IOS16, ok), and install the wad "cios_fix.wad". After install this, press the Home button to reboot Wii.
4- Go to HBC again and execute the "cIOS36_rev8-Installer". Select the "WAD Installation".
5- Done

Good Luck!!

Yeah its all done, now I just need to buy a game from japan or the us to see if it works

T-Rex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
EnigmaXtreme said:
T-Rex said:
EnigmaXtreme said:

5- Done

Good Luck!!

Yeah its all done, now I just need to buy a game from japan or the us to see if it works

Did you resolve your problem of -1017?? If yes... you are yeah!!
Your Wii is PAL ??

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for a confirmation that you can install 1042 on a patched LU64, but for some reason I don't really trust this... half of the reports I hear make me wonder if the Wii was a true "unhackable" model in the first place.

T-Rex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mtb-bfh said:
I'm hoping for a confirmation that you can install 1042 on a patched LU64, but for some reason I don't really trust this... half of the reports I hear make me wonder if the Wii was a true "unhackable" model in the first place.

1042 is what??

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be meaningful with some context. I'm not sure what you're asking.

At any rate, what I was saying, is that IOS36-v1042 is known to cause black screen semi-bricks on LU64++ hardware. (Downgrading IOS35 and possibly others cause the same lockups, but it's not as serious of an issue since few things use it, though it is a step in many "how to install homebrew" guides.) If a person was able to install this wad and use it, then their Wii wasn't the "unhackable" kind in the first place.

T-Rex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
mtb-bfh said:
Would be meaningful with some context. I'm not sure what you're asking.

At any rate, what I was saying, is that IOS36-v1042 is known to cause black screen semi-bricks on LU64++ hardware. (Downgrading IOS35 and possibly others cause the same lockups, but it's not as serious of an issue since few things use it, though it is a step in many "how to install homebrew" guides.) If a person was able to install this wad and use it, then their Wii wasn't the "unhackable" kind in the first place.

TENSE!!

SG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have Waninkoko's 4.0 menu. if I want to pop UK versions of Weather and News channels on my US Wii, do I need this?

Sorry to sound stupid but I don't want to cock up my Wii.

UncleGrubby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

Can't get startpatch to work.

I have tried running different versions of this patch and every time i try to run it in HBC it just goes to a black screen and never starts. Never had that problem before.

Wad Manager sometimes does that, but it's like one in 15 times and it will work after a reboot. Startpatch has never started for me. I've tried and tried.

Anyone know what the problem is?

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
EnigmaXtreme said:
Does the region free patch also apply for Gamecube games

Yes.

QUOTE(UncleGrubby @ Jun 26 2009, 06:24 PM) Hey all,

Can't get startpatch to work.

I have tried running different versions of this patch and every time i try to run it in HBC it just goes to a black screen and never starts. Never had that problem before.

Wad Manager sometimes does that, but it's like one in 15 times and it will work after a reboot. Startpatch has never started for me. I've tried and tried.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Have you tried the StarPatch 4.04 MOD? http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158725

That worked fine for me.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does StartPatch provide any brick protection like Preloader?

Also, if you uninstall a patch, will the patch be completely reversed and the Wii will be like it was before StartPatch patches were installed?

T-Rex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Vegeta said:
Does StartPatch provide any brick protection like Preloader?

I don't know. I don't have preloader, sorry.

QUOTE(Vegeta @ Jun 27 2009, 01:59 AM) Also, if you uninstall a patch, will the patch be completely reversed and the Wii will be like it was before StartPatch patches were installed?

Yes. It's reversible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But for $20 he will still let you...