Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
antonkan said:
T-Rex said:
What difference on the version 4.0.61 and 4.0.6?

StartPatch v4.0.61 (NTSC-USA version only) fixes errors that were in StartPatch v4.0.6 NTSC-USA version. StartPatch v4.0.6 works fine in PAL and NTSC-Japan versions.

Hmm... what errors happens in 4.0.6 ??

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone noticed what I posted above?
ohmy.gif
Those are some serious issues.. misinformed users would be losing a lot of savegames with those patches!!!

T-Rex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Dan_Aykroyd said:
ohmy.gif
Those are some serious issues.. misinformed users would be losing a lot of savegames with those patches!!!

Say what example? Or the error of 4.0.6 was copying some protected savegames?? Or no??
Anyway, is it good I uninstall the 4.0.6 and install 4.0.61?

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T-Rex said:
Dan_Aykroyd said:
ohmy.gif

Say what example? Or the error of 4.0.6 was copying some protected savegames?? Or no??
Anyway, is it good I uninstall the 4.0.6 and install 4.0.61?

I don't think I understood you...

The error happened in 4.0.6.1, and I'm sure its the same for 4.0.6.

The safest thing would be to uninstall every patch you had in 4.0.6 then reapply them in 4.0.6.1

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please confirm me this bug???
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif
ohmy.gif

And also, this: "And on another unrelated thing, why is there several "slots" for the same patches? For example, Copy Protection 1/5, Copy Protection 2/5, etc. Should I enable them all? Only some? How do I know?"

Thanks!!!!

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to fix the region free SD channels for NTSC-U? As of now, it doesn't work.

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
On 4.1J, they seem to have renamed the binaries. In /title/00000001/00000002/content/ you only find 000000{77,78,79}.app, ticket, and title.tmd.

By default 406_JAP fails with ret = -4 when it can't find the file. When changing the path in the source to try any of the other binaries, it can't find the patches. So I assume that we need to find new patches for 4.1J.

In other words, downgrade to 4.0J ... =)

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have been looking for ways to stop update checks on my Wii. its ver 4.0 ,US, and i have the usual installed HBC, gamma {backup channel], Bootmii.{ but unable to use it since i dont have a gamecube controller]
After reading thru this topic i would like to know just a little more if possible. i think this is better then a preloader due to the ease of install from what i have read.
what im looking for is just a general install note that can explain that if i have ver 4.0 and the things installed adding this would be to just put it in the apps folder and and load in HBC.
my concern is since i am unable to use bootmii , so no backup of wii nomd. So i dont want to change anything unless its safe. i wont be unplugging anything and power faliure is a long shot.
ANY words of wisdom would be great.
Thanks
Daisuke

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The only reason why I am thinking of trying out startpatch is because preloader has 0 hacks for 4.0J. Other than the native brick protection it offers.

Daisuke9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well im still SOL i dropped the startpatch into my aps folder [even tried putting data&source in main] and i still got this answer when homebrew tried to load it.

ES -Identify [as SU] ...Error: -1017.
Returning to loader...

then it returned to the loader.
Any Ideas [ Im sure someone does] what else needs to be done in order for this to work?
and i would have tried a preloader by now if i had been able to backup my NAMD. Those who know, know all about 4.0 and bootmii issues.
i would really like to downgrade to 3.4 or 3.2. But if i can get startpatch to work there will be no need to further change the system. Since its not broke.
Thanks for all the help
Daisuke

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious as well now that waninkoko has released a 4.1 firmware updater, will someone continue to create startpatch hacks for 4.1 or will they follow preloader hacks?

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
If there's really only a bugfix, then many of the patches for 4.1 could potentially be found by comparing the 4.0 and 4.1 DOLs and their differences. I'm leaning to believe that they are quite similar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *hugs @SylverReZ* +1