Hacking StartPatchv4.0

andymacross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Zeek03 said:
I don't get how to use this... I click a on something and it says patch found in dol

What do i do to install hacks?

are you already install preloader?

if you want to use this patch you must uninstall preloader first

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed this on 4.0U and it works perfectly. Thank you so much!

One thing tho (not a big issue..but), do you think you can adjust the loader to actually recognize what hacks have been applied? I simply went down each one, one by one, and hit "A" and then finished. All worked, but I could not see that a specific hack was flagged/installed. And, if I return to the menu afterward, there is nothing to say that they are installed either. It would just be a good thing to be able to go back and see that this or that has been installed, so that you would know what you can enable/disable.

Other than that, this works perfectly on Waninkoko 4.0U and it is MUCH appreciated!

And as for preloader, although it says it works fine in 4.0, I had a major issue. After install, it completely removed my system menu! Luckily preloader was still accessible and I had to downgrade and then re-upgrade the Wii to get back. Essentially preloader semi-bricked my 4.0U Wii. I wouldn't recommend it at all honestly. It worked fine on my 3.2U setup, but it was surely a no-go on 4.0U.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
I don't get how to use this... I click a on something and it says patch found in dol

What do i do to install hacks?

By the way, this is not a problem. It is basically telling you the specific patch has been found in the startpatcher install file. Hit "A" on each one and then finish and the hacks will be installed. The patcher is great, but the menu for enable/disable does need a little work. No biggie tho, as it does what it is intended to do
smile.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I keep getting error 1017. I have an old Wii (2006). I upgraded to 4.0 officially (via Nintendo) and reinstalled all my homebrew stuff by way of bannerbomb.

BootMii is installed in Boot2. Homebrew Channel is working, I have downgraded IOS35, and have cIOS38_rev12 installed. I also had cIOS36_rev10 before that. I installed the cIOS+60 as well, I have two of those downloaded from different places - I assume they are the same, but one explicitly claims to be Trucha Patched... that's not the one I used

WadManager installs Wads just fine and installed Wads play from menu or SD card.

Any idea what I'm missing to get StartPatch to work on my Wii?

(PreLoader won't install either, something about current IOS (36) having the fake sign bug fixed... I patched IOS36 I thought...)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just to update. I found a lot of people saying you could fix 1017 errors with a re-formatted sd card. I was skeptical, but I tried it.

Redownloaded Wads for my IOS for 16, 35 downgrade and re-install, 36 and 222. Set up the card the way I wanted it, then copied the contents of my sd card to a temp folder. Reformatted the card and copied everything back over. Then re-installed all of my IOS wads from the card in their proper order.

After doing all of that everything that was giving me 1017 errors (loads of programs were doing it, not just StartPatch) stopped giving that error.

So that's a possible fix for anyone else trying this stuff.

radadam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya- You mind detailing those steps in the middle that you kind of breezed over?

If I take my SD card, copy it all to my desktop, reformat it it, then copy everything back, that doesn't sound like quite the same thing. Is it?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
radadam said:
Hooya- You mind detailing those steps in the middle that you kind of breezed over?

If I take my SD card, copy it all to my desktop, reformat it it, then copy everything back, that doesn't sound like quite the same thing. Is it?

I just installed everything again in the order I listed. If you have wads to install those IOSs that I mentioned, that's what you'll need.

Meannekes

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i dont have preloader installed, but i think i dont need it or that´s nit the problem because the same hacks like in 4.0.3 doesnt work in 4.0.4

every hack ends with error-4

(pal wii)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.