pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel like such a noob, but I need advice. With everything coming out so fast, I'm feeling rather lost.

My Wii is currently on SM3.2U and I went through the RiiskiMod procedure and was able to have backups boot through the Disk Channel. All was well and good.

Now that SM4 is out, I'd like to be able to use it along with Preloader 0.29 and the other tools to maintain current functionality along with the new features of SM4. What would my procedure be.

I have:
Preloader 0.29 ready to go.
cIOS36_rev9 for the USB loader
cIOS60BF.wad ready to go
StartPatch4.0 ready to go

What order should I install things, and how should I upgrade to SM4? Should I do an official update via Nintendo or another path ala Waninkoko's updater or something else?

Most of this is to keep the Wii under the WAF (Wife Approval Factor). She doesn't want to have to use the HBC or other channels to load disks, she just wants to be able to put it in and launch it through the Disk Channel like everything else.

Little help....please.

andokomando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
@andokomando
no, preloader 0.29 is the only preloader that works on 4.0, so use that
smile.gif

thanks dude.

jesus2282

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this to work before, but I downgraded, and reinstalled 4.0 sys menu, and now when I run StartPatch and try and install hacks it says "The patch section was not found in the DOL. Nothing to do." why am I geting this message? Did I do something wrong, or not do something?? lol

kikoolol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, can i install cIOS60BF if i have already Preloader 0.29 installed? not sure cause Preloader is using IOS60, wouldn't that brick my wii if i try to install cIOS60BF on top of it? I forgot to install it before installing preloader 0.29, so now i can't see my games in disc channel. Thanls for the help
smile.gif

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
DOn t do that ! you ll brick !!

Like you said preloader is using CIOS60 so if you install BF on the top it you are screwed.

iResilient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikoolol said:
Guys, can i install cIOS60BF if i have already Preloader 0.29 installed? not sure cause Preloader is using IOS60, wouldn't that brick my wii if i try to install cIOS60BF on top of it? I forgot to install it before installing preloader 0.29, so now i can't see my games in disc channel. Thanls for the help
smile.gif
You could. It's just that after you install Preloader 0.29, you install cIOS60BF. Go to the system menu and it says, "files are corrupt". Then hold the reset button on your Wii, load the Homebrew Channel from Preloader and click the "Preloader 0.29 Install" app (or whatever you named it). It should install and then everything will be fine when going back to the systemmenu. I just tried it out myself.

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This crap don't work.
mad.gif

What's with all the PAL??? Preloader PAL everyone gets all kinds of hacks. StartPatch the same thing. NTSC we get crap even when there's a version of StartPatch specifically for NTSC. This is so damn annoying. Anybody got values for NTSC StartPatch or Preloader v.29 so I can just get on with it?

WhySoSerious70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MightyMouse said:
well maybe if the NTSC guys made these tools that would happen but

ITS MADE BY EUROPEAN DUDES so what do you expect

I dunno. I'm trying to figure out how kitt050383 got this to work over in this thread.

[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145...p;#entry1872835]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145...p;#entry1872835[/url]

Posts merged

QUOTE(darkdsguy @ Apr 3 2009, 08:20 AM) Isnt the same as preloader 29?????

No. StartPatch does not load before the system menu and can not be accessed outside of running it from HBC.

aquilino

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
joda said:
joda said:
SanGor said:
Menu Patcher got released as GPL, better release the source or you might get problems!
That depends on under which conditions he got the code. If he got it personally from the author with other licensing terms (for example free use) it doesn't apply to him. IF he however downloaded the GPL:d version and used it; that's another story.

People can release the same piece of code under different terms, and the GPL doesn't work retroactively.
And also, even if he used the GPL code, the author has full right to relicense his own original code afterwards to anyone, with any terms; but he is not allowed to revoke the GPL for what is once released. I.e. Raven can give aquilino a personal license to make derivative works of his code without releasing the source despite him also having released it under the GPL.

siento la tardanza en contestar estoy fuera de casa y no tengo ordenador donde stoy,como se a dicho en el post el source lo sacare por petición vuestra, al estar bajo licencia GPL y estar basado en otro app pero el mal uso puede causar un brick irreversible en la consola

please translate my English is very bad

when have time update patches ok

not install patches if they have preloader29 installed

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
aquilino said:
update startPath PAL and NTSC first post

add region free sd card menu

Skip diagnostic disc check

recovery menu press RIGHT on gc pad in 4th port

bye

you are not really "stealing" the hacks from the hacks page from wiibrew are you ?

aquilino

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SanGor said:
aquilino said:
update startPath PAL and NTSC first post

add region free sd card menu

Skip diagnostic disc check

recovery menu press RIGHT on gc pad in 4th port

bye

you are not really "stealing" the hacks from the hacks page from wiibrew are you ?
startPatch went before preloader 29 ok

There is a post on the forum that I post the hacks patcher_SM_v4.0Mar 27 2009, 10:31 PM

hack.ini =wiibrew at 20:38, 3 April 2009

I just used a hack /recovery menu press RIGHT on gc pad in 4th port

use a hack that is in a public site is to steal?¿

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv6RbEOlqRo