Hacking Starting to lose faith in Value Deluxe...

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT - I just received an e-mail from PayPal and I've been refunded the money I can now transfer it back into my bank account, so I'm very much relieved.

Well here's the story for those who wish to read.

On June 11th, 2011 at 8:07pm I received an e-mail stating I placed an order with Value Deluxe for an Acekard 2i, and I did that was done by me.
The next day on June 12th, 2011 at 5:21am I receive an e-mail from PayPal stating that my account has been limited until they hear from me.
At 7:41am on June 12th, 2011 which was when I woke up to see the news from PayPal they also informed me I had to change my password and
my security questions, and yes the e-mails were legit because I had to make or receive some sort of a test call from PayPal to get it done.

Also on June 12th, 2011 there's no time included for this one but that is when a wire transfer of money has been taken from my account to someone
else's account who is overseas and does not live in the USA for the price of $522 dollars. That same day is when I also put in a dispute with PayPal
for it because I did not authorize it. I then receive an e-mail from Value Deluxe on June 13th, 2011 at 12:25am stating that my order has shipped out.

They also tell me that there there are shipping delays and sent me this link http://exportnews.ebay.com.hk/hk_shipping/1852.html so I can read about
the delays. Now that link states that delays can be up to 5 days or more however Value Deluxe tells me they themselves have been experiencing delays
of 2 weeks or more. I e-mailed Value Deluxe at 8:13am on June 12th, 2011 to inform them I'd like my order cancelled but they have told me that it has
already been shipped this afternoon so I'm assuming it was afternoon June 13th Hong Kong time when my e-mail got sent to them.

It's now June 22nd, 2011 and I still have no package with my Acekard 2i that I ordered. It's only been 1 week and 2 days so far but I'm honestly starting
to think I will never get my package. I'm not sure if I should file a dispute with PayPal and tell them I've never received my goods or if I should wait 2 weeks
and then file a dispute that I haven't received them.

All this time from the time my order has shipped I've had my regular stuff that is taken out of my bank being taken out for a few of my small bills.
And the payments are going through on my banks end and hitting me with $35 dollar over draft fees, which my bank says they will take care of if it is
found out that the $522 dollar charge was indeed fraud.

I am stressed out to the max..Today is the 10th day (PayPal told me to give them 10 days for the dispute to finish then they will decide who was right or wrong).
I also filed a dispute with my bank on June 14th, 2011 I had to go sign a paper and they had to fax it to the appropriate department so the dispute on my banks
end could begin. So I did that and waited all this time and it turns out someone at my local bank never faxed the paper. So I've wasted 1 whole week thinking
my bank was helping me when they weren't and now I've had to sign the paper again yesterday and wait at the bank to get confirmation that it was indeed faxed.

And it will now take another 10 more days on my banks end for their dispute to finish and for them to decide who was right or wrong. I'm just so upset and so
stressed out words cannot express it. I try to put on a smile when I come here and post but it's hard but I do it, and deep down I'm hurting.

In Final: I'm not positive it was Value Deluxe who took the $522 dollars from me, all I'm saying it's very odd for someone out of the country to have taken money
from me the day after I placed an order for something from out of the country.

--Nick aka TearGod.

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for the double post, but I've posted this in the wrong forum. I haven't gotten my head fully together yet this morning I do apologize. If a Mod reads this can you please move it to the proper forum.

I'll keep an eye out throughout the day for a mod online myself but I have a few things I have to take care of at home. Thanks.

--TearGod.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
you should post in the shop page profile directly on shoptemp, or ask mod to move to shoptemp discussion. if real is very seriuos
however in your case follow more paypal, usually they help buyer. if you linked credit card contact credit card company, if money were transfered with paypal paypal can get it back for sure.
you can buy from shop using rechargable credit card with few money on it.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
It could well be just a coincidence. And I would not be writing that a shop may have defrauded me unless I had proof. What you are suggesting is incredibly serious and could potentially lose them one very big bucket load of customers. And they may well be completely innocent.

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Indeed. Wait the requisite 2 weeks, and then check back with Value Deluxe again. Free shipping from Hong Kong is like that, many shops, including highly reputable ones, use it and many customers end up waiting the full 2 weeks for their package. If your package has not arrived by then it is reasonable to contact the shop again, and perhaps ask them to resend it or to refund the package. Free shipping sometimes gets lost in the mail, it has happened before and is not the shop's fault or even under their control.

As for the fraud, that is of course much more serious. Work with PayPal and your bank to resolve it, and as far as possible try to get them to trace it and find out exactly who did it. It *is* very suspicious, of course, and given the circumstances it *is* natural to feel highly stressed out (I know I would if it happened to me), but don't worry. Since it was a genuinely unauthorised transaction there is no reason why it should not be resolved as a fraud case in the end.

Take care, and don't let this get to you! If you face any other problems related to this feel free to post about it here, or in a Blog post if you want to focus on the personal. We'll be here for you.
smile.gif

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll continue waiting for my package, I have no problem waiting..I just want to receive what I paid for or to be refunded which I hope I will be by PayPal or by Value Deluxe if my package doesn't come within 2 more weeks.

As for my PayPal account being accessed right after ordering from them I have no idea how someone would have gotten into my PayPal I have a very strong password. I am going to try and give PayPal a follow up call to see if it can be possibly investigated further.

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I've come across a bit of information about the people who tried to scam/cheat/hack me out of money. I won't publish their phone number as I don't know if I'm allowed and I won't publish their name either.

I don't think they are related to Value Deluxe since I just got off the phone with Verizon and after giving them the phone number they told me it is a number from Indonesia and Value Deluxe is in Hong Kong.

On PayPal it gives me their website which is listed below, and when I search both the website name, person's name related to it and the phone number this is some information I have.

1 WebSite for his Art Page.
1 Website that has his contact information that includes his name, address, company name, home phone number, mobile phone number, and fax number.

Here is a photo of the scumbag related to his profile on the website I will not list for security purposes.

idiotc.jpg

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
You are retarded for thinking a legit webshop would be able to take money out of your account without your consent and thinking they are a fraudulent company when you've only waited 1 week for a package coming from Hong Kong. It takes pretty much always 2-3 weeks for HK packages to arrive.

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to call names. Maybe my topic title was a little misleading and then my post with all my information I provided. My post wasn't intended to say that it was indeed Value Deluxe who are responsible for taking money from me.

My post was to point out that it is a little suspicious is all. As far as receiving packages from Hong Kong, I know it takes a while. I've ordered from outside the country before, and every time I ordered it's never happened where it's taken longer than a week for me.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I just don't get how you link the two together, why would they steal $500 from your account after you bought from their shop?
tongue.gif

It's pretty obvious you got hacked and just a coincidence that they got your money the day after you ordered from that shop. I'd suggest
you run a couple virus scanners if anything, to make sure it won't happen again (won't do you any good if you get the money back, as long
as they have access, they can keep getting your Paypal credentials).

xxteargodxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, much better news.

I've received my product from Value Deluxe and the cart is working just fine.

PayPal refunded me the $522 bucks, so out of that I'm allowed to put $500 a month into my bank which I did and it was completed today.

Called my bank they took care of the three $35 dollar over draft fees and the $8.95 monthly maintenance fee I was hit with due to this unauthorized charge.

Also I had to change the type of account I had which sucks cause I had the account I did for 6 years...I now have an "ebanking account". Which means I must make ALL deposits AND withdrawls through an atm machine, NO teller EVER can do this for me. If it is ever done by a teller I will be hit with a monthly maintenance fee of $8.95.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
have you considered contacting the local authorities or the FBI with the information you have?

why did your bank make you switch account types? how in the hell can your bank actually think they can charge you a fee for you being exploited. ask to speak to the branch manager and tell them to fix the problem.

-another world

Gamer40Life

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxteargodxx said:
No need to call names. Maybe my topic title was a little misleading and then my post with all my information I provided. My post wasn't intended to say that it was indeed Value Deluxe who are responsible for taking money from me.

My post was to point out that it is a little suspicious is all. As far as receiving packages from Hong Kong, I know it takes a while. I've ordered from outside the country before, and every time I ordered it's never happened where it's taken longer than a week for me.

Then you got a lot to learn from international shipping. A week is pretty damn fast. In general, it will take about 10-30 days, a little longer during the holidays. I've gotten packages, from the same company, within 9 days and sometime, it took as long as 20.

I've had paid for registered mail before and I can clearly see the seller shipped the item within a day or two. Then it leave HK Postal after 3 more days, stuck at US Postal sytem for more then 10 days, arrive at my house after 17 days total.

QUOTE(xxteargodxx @ Jun 23 2011, 07:43 AM) My computer is clean, I can always scan again. Like I said it was just suspicious is all.

Phishing scams do not require any "virus" or spyware on your system. You could of entered your info on a fake site/email. Also, newer "spyware" may not be caught by any anti-whatever programs because some are installed with programs you've downloaded, some are more updated then the detectors. So essentially, you gave permission to install the spyware. I'm just saying is all...

I also want to add that sites using PayPal CAN NOT charge your PayPal account without your consent. Unlike credit cards, the buyer HAVE TO enter their PayPal password before confirming payment, each and every time. When you buy something from a site that uses PayPal, there is no way the site can obtain your PayPal password. I just want to make this clear before someone comes across this post and get the wrong idea and a simple, mistaken identity post ruins a good company, weather it's value deluxe or any other company.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gamer40Life said:
I also want to add that sites using PayPal CAN NOT charge your PayPal account without your consent. Unlike credit cards, the buyer HAVE TO enter their PayPal password before confirming payment, each and every time. When you buy something from a site that uses PayPal, there is no way the site can obtain your PayPal password. I just want to make this clear before someone comes across this post and get the wrong idea and a simple, mistaken identity post ruins a good company, weather it's value deluxe or any other company.
COMPLETELY UNTRUE
Actually if you have ever paid for farmville through facebook by paypal you would know that isn't true. I refuse to use facebook now. The first time you pay it is a normal scenario you log into paypal put in your password etc. The second time facebook automagically bypasses that because it has your password. This was reported over and over on the official farmville forums. Where Zynga refused to discuss it. Paypal forums also remove threads on the subject. The claim is always the same you must have created a 'billing agreement' with them. And that with this "they would have the ability to debit your account whenever you order a service from them, such as gaming credits." This despite the fact I know of not a single person who agreed to such a thing.

In order to stop it happening you have to go through some procedure in facebook settings EVERY TIME you pay facebook via paypal. To remove their ability to hack (yes hack your account) the next time without you logging into your paypal account or inputting your password.

Gamer40Life

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologizes. I should of specified I was ONLY referring to physical items purchased from an online store (since that was what we were all talking about anyway). Not virtual goods from in game purchases, or, obviously, subscriptions (i.e. billing agreements) where the buyer has pre-approved the merchant from debiting the PayPal account.

In addition, when you sign up for your Facebook games, you know exactly who will debit your PayPal account since you gave them permission for them to do so. It can never be someone completely different, as in OP's case. PayPal will be able to immediately trace it back to whoever charged it. OP was jumping to conclusions based on his ignorance of how online payment, phishing scams, and PayPal works. This, in effect, could give someone (or a company) a bad name when it was not even their fault... it was only a coincidence that his account got jacked right after a purchase from value deluxe. Unlike Faceboook, the OP did NOT setup a billing agreement with value deluxe and therefore, value deluxe can never take money from OP's PayPal account.

And what I said is still COMPLETE TRUE. In your example, Facebook did not obtain your PayPal password. You simply gave them permission to charge your PayPal account automatically when an online purchase is made. Again, you AGREE to this when you sign up for the games. This DOES NOT mean you gave Facebook, or anyone your PayPal password. When you buy something in the game, Facebook does NOT log into your PayPal account and use the "Send Money" feature to send themselves money. They simply use the Pre-Approved subscription that YOU'VE AGREED to and deduct it from the PayPal account. And again, this can be traced back to whoever charged the account.

On a personal note, games that have millions of online users usually attract a lot of attention. Like WoW, countless accounts have been jacked. Even my friend's account have been jacked. Jackers have many form of phishing scams. OP most likely fell for one and someone got a hold of his PayPal login info. Simply as that.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gamer40Life said:
And what I said is still COMPLETE TRUE. In your example, Facebook did not obtain your PayPal password. You simply gave them permission to charge your PayPal account automatically when an online purchase is made. Again, you AGREE to this when you sign up for the games. This DOES NOT mean you gave Facebook, or anyone your PayPal password. When you buy something in the game, Facebook does NOT log into your PayPal account and use the "Send Money" feature to send themselves money. They simply use the Pre-Approved subscription that YOU'VE AGREED to and deduct it from the PayPal account. And again, this can be traced back to whoever charged the account.

On a personal note, games that have millions of online users usually attract a lot of attention. Like WoW, countless accounts have been jacked. Even my friend's account have been jacked. Jackers have many form of phishing scams. OP most likely fell for one and someone got a hold of his PayPal login info. Simply as that.
No I did not the game is free. Some time later I agreed to a one time payment for credit to purchase some in game stuff. At no point did I have a subscription. There was no such thing available the game was free, and if you wanted to buy stuff you could.
A lot of other people had the same thing happen. They decided they could go in to my paypal account without me doing the login bit I never did. Countless other people had this problem (about 1 1/2years ago?). The Zynga forums were flooded with complaints. It was to do with some agreement or buyout between them and facebook. Prior to that you purchased directly from Zynga and there were no problems.

Zynga were typically unhelpful and refused point blank at the time to discuss it in public. There was thread after thread after thread about it. With people writing up mini guides to show others how to change their facebook settings to stop them having access before changing their password.

Gamer40Life

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, your scenario seems to be VERY specific to this Facebook game and Zynga and it is way off topic from what the OP was discussing. Perhaps you didn't read the long and boring Terms of Service? Who read that stuff anyway. But whatever you agree to was possibility buried in there. Else, they would be facing a class action lawsuit.

We're talking about tangible good, not virtual goods. Goods sold by private companies and online stores using PayPal. These companies can NEVER just charge your PayPal account without your consent. It would be chaos to the whole internet business (not just limited to your Facebook game) if it was possible wouldn't you think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)