Hooya

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How the hell do I get rid of the save file and start Nintendogs from scratch? I have an EZ-Flash V.

I have started a different game, played it, saved in it. Started a third game, played it, saved it. Gone into my MicroSD card, deleted both the save file and the ROM file and inserted a freshly unpacked copy of the ROM. I start Nintendogs. My Dog is still fucking there!!!!! I can't get rid of him. It's like Chucky or something.

I want to start all over, like I had never played the game. I there information stored on the DS itself or something? I can't see how that's possible. I have even replaced the save file with a fake file of equal size for the game to attempt to load and all that happens is my contest results get messed up, but the same dog is there.

Someone help! My EZ Flash or my DS is possessed!

nds.gif

Ah, got it. I started NintendoDS browser because it has such a larger save file. I think what was happening was that the save file wasn't getting totally overwritten, and that game must not be very picky about save file integrity, so it was just loading what it had. Very creepy though, it was like the dog that could never die.

EDIT: He came back from the dead. I had started a new dog, but when I came back to the game after playing something else my old dog was back!!!!

Someone exorcise my DS!

Edit: Posts edited together, duplicates deleted. Don't double post.
lecture.gif
- Ace

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
You know what, I had the same problem a few weeks back with Animal Crossing (EZ-V 1.63 kernel). I ran a different game, deleted the save from the save folder, then ran AC and it pulled the save it'd just deleted up out of nowhere.

I didn't try anything more than that because I managed to recover my original save file (long story) and it's been running off that ever since. I'd completely forgotten about the "savefile ghost" until now.

How odd.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well it might be different on the EZ-Flash V but in the R4, Nintendogs creates 2 files, a .sav file and a .bak file.
Check if it's not the same on your flashcard.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
None that I can see, just turned the microSD upside down. There's no unusual looking files of the same size on there. If it does back them up it doesn't do it in an obvious way.

(ignore edit; someone snuck in and said it while I was typing
happy.gif
)

Gore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the game is starting up, hold down all the buttons. ( A,B,X,Y START SELECT L R )
This will prompt the erase all data screen where you can choose yes or no.
Hope that's what you wanted.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland

mayster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just purchased a used Nintendogs game and want to completely clear the game bck to scratch. How do i go about this .

I tried pushing the buttons as stated in earlier posts.

I stick game in then how xactly do i go about erasing everything .. please help. cuz my daughter wants to start over again. thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong