StarPatch IOS Option

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by rolandde, Apr 16, 2010.

Apr 16, 2010

StarPatch IOS Option by rolandde at 5:10 PM (1,072 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. rolandde
    OP

Newcomer rolandde Member

Canada
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to the scene and am slowly getting more and more involved with pimping out my Wii. My new goal is to get StarPatch and change some of the system settings.

I know that StarPatch will not work with cIOS249[57], which is what I currently have. However, is there any difference if I use StarPatch with cIOS222[38] or IOS36[Patched] or will that totally mess up the way StarPatch is supposed to function?

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    if u dont have bootmii as boot2, forget startpatch and get priiloader

if u do have bootmii as boot2, u can use startpatch if u like... but I still prefer priiloader

3. rolandde
    OP

Newcomer rolandde Member

Canada
    I got bootmi as boot2 (regular backups for the paranoid me). I think I'm still a little to web behind the ears for Priiloader. Could I use startpatch with cios222[38] instead of cios249[57], or would this seriously impact the way startpatch functions?

4. jkashuba07

Newcomer jkashuba07 Member

United States
    I agree with XFlak, I prefer priiloader over bootmii, I installed bootmii as an ios so that I can boot right into it from priiloader for the simple reason of backing up the nand

5. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    I didn't say I prefer priiloader over bootmii, I said I prefer priiloader over startpatch

bootmii as boot2 is the ultimate protection... period

bootmii as IOS only is only okay protection if combined with priiloader (otherwise there is no way of accessing bootmii in the event of brick!)