rolandde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I'm fairly new to the scene and am slowly getting more and more involved with pimping out my Wii. My new goal is to get StarPatch and change some of the system settings.

I know that StarPatch will not work with cIOS249[57], which is what I currently have. However, is there any difference if I use StarPatch with cIOS222[38] or IOS36[Patched] or will that totally mess up the way StarPatch is supposed to function?

rolandde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got bootmi as boot2 (regular backups for the paranoid me). I think I'm still a little to web behind the ears for Priiloader. Could I use startpatch with cios222[38] instead of cios249[57], or would this seriously impact the way startpatch functions?

jkashuba07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with XFlak, I prefer priiloader over bootmii, I installed bootmii as an ios so that I can boot right into it from priiloader for the simple reason of backing up the nand

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I didn't say I prefer priiloader over bootmii, I said I prefer priiloader over startpatch

bootmii as boot2 is the ultimate protection... period

bootmii as IOS only is only okay protection if combined with priiloader (otherwise there is no way of accessing bootmii in the event of brick!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1