Gaming Starcraft 2 Beta - Sandbox crack

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So it looks like a single player sandbox crack has has been released for the starcraft 2 beta thats floating around. It doesn't let you play against ai or anything, all you do is build. guess its a good way to get used to the game.

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
from what i know this beta was released so that acti-blizz could test the new bnet servers. i don't think they'll be changing all that much around from this beta to the release. a bit of balancing, thats about it i'd say.

The Temper

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't know if I'd play the beta even if I got a key legit, I mean those things are worth a few hundred dollars, I'd rather wait and keep the cash than to get a sneak peak at the game...

If $300 is alot to you, it's time to get a job.

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Temper said:
PharaohsVizier said:
I don't know if I'd play the beta even if I got a key legit, I mean those things are worth a few hundred dollars, I'd rather wait and keep the cash than to get a sneak peak at the game...

300$ is the equivalent of 4-5 new games, including a copy of Starcraft in a few months, it's certainly worth
more than a bit of time with the game before launch. Just because you have money, doesn't mean you
shouldn't be shrewd.

The Temper

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neveras said:
The Temper said:
PharaohsVizier said:

300$ is the equivalent of 4-5 new games, including a copy of Starcraft in a few months, it's certainly worth
more than a bit of time with the game before launch. Just because you have money, doesn't mean you
shouldn't be shrewd.

At a certain point, $300, $500, $800 stops mattering. Entertainment is worth more than $60. They gave me the beta key for free. Why bother making a small amount of money as profit when I can just play instead.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The Temper said:
Better idea: Get in to the beta legit. Do as I do.
What's wrong with not getting into the beta legit? You can't play online as of now anyways. I just wanted to see if it could run and try a few things(Maybe I should wait for a demo?). Or maybe since it's a beta, I should actually do what a beta tester does and play the game the right way TO BETA test it?

Or did you pay to go to Blizzcon and feel that all the others that didn't should only get their lottery of a chance to get in? Never mind, you said you got the key for free. If I do get a key, it'll be nice to know that I have the game installed already as well.

As for balancing, they just released a patch yesterday AND today and some removed skills, added some, changed build speeds and costs, and change damage... Well that should be expected from a beta anyways.

Also, there's a pretty cool easter egg! (I didn't use /cheer, only /dance)
QUOTE(The Temper @ Feb 26 2010, 08:42 PM) At a certain point, $300, $500, $800 stops mattering. Entertainment is worth more than $60. They gave me the beta key for free. Why bother making a small amount of money as profit when I can just play instead.
From what I heard, a lot of WoW players got keys... and maybe there's just no relationship with MMO players to RTS games(Though not always true)? Might as well make money off if it if you have absolutely no interest in any other universe other than Warcraft.

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Temper said:
At a certain point, $300, $500, $800 stops mattering. Entertainment is worth more than $60. They gave me the beta key for free. Why bother making a small amount of money as profit when I can just play instead.
Then congrats? I have above average income and I still would never consider 300-800$ as something that doesn't matter. I'm also smart enough to realise that to the average gamer, they are better off stretching the value of 300$

The Temper

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neveras said:
The Temper said:
Then congrats? I have above average income and I still would never consider 300-800$ as something that doesn't matter. I'm also smart enough to realise that to the average gamer, they are better off stretching the value of 300$

People who "stretch the value" disgust me. Money is not important. Having money means nothing when you are dead. Having what you want now is more important than $300 in your pocket.

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Temper said:
neveras said:
The Temper said:

People who "stretch the value" disgust me. Money is not important. Having money means nothing when you are dead. Having what you want now is more important than $300 in your pocket.

what? ohhh, sorry I thought at first you weren't a troll. My mistake. Carry on then.

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Temper said:
neveras said:
The Temper said:

Welcome G.W. Bush to the gbatemp forum
smile.gif

Cermage

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks like an AI map pack has been released. depending on which one you get you can play against easy, medium or hard AI. this is moving a long surprisingly fast.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The AI difficulties are all nearly the same since Blizzard had no time to finalize them, that's why in the real beta there is only Very Easy.
Download unofficial AI versions, they're a lot better and can actually beat you.

D

Deleted User

Protoss seems to be the easiest at the moment...The AI is quite quirky at times...The Traditional Barrack+Supply Depot / Photon Cannons tends to scare rushes away. I've heard good things about the 4.0 AI's, but alas everything is a work in progress. The main problem with the AI now is that it doesn't really have scripts that "loop", what I mean by that is that once you survive the initial Rush/Waves, the enemy only really sends in small quantities of units. However, it's been awesome getting to try the beta out!

I favor Protoss > Terran > Zerg at the moment. ZvZ seems to be the hardest for most people...The (4) player maps aren't really all that difficult, the AI's just kill one another till one is left (assuming 3.0) and then that falls under the above fault. By the way, thanks for the information about the development Radiata, I had a lot of fun last night
rolleyes.gif

My favorite unit right now would have to be Immortals, when they're fully upgraded they have a normal attack speed, 26 damage (Bonus +39) on armored targets or something similar to that. Terran definitely has some fun units too, but I haven't exactly figured out the build order yet. Zerg tend to harass a lot with mutalisks...Basically, it seems like a solid defense is all you need to defeat the AI's at the moment. I managed to win as each of the races so far, but it definitely takes a while to get build orders down...at least for me.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me? I almost have it..
tongue.gif
I downloaded the client and the crack, and I couldn't get logged on. I then downloaded the GFX file, which allowed me to play as a guest. I can only wander the main menu, though. How do I play against the AI, or even a map by myself? It says version 4 on the readme. And yes, I'm pretty sure the files are in the right folder.

Please note, I'm not asking for a download link, I'm just wondering what I'm missing/not doing correctly.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You are missing the launcher(v2 as of now) that loads maps for you. And you need "hacked" maps that have AI computers put in them. There are map packs that have these maps. The launcher comes from a relatively well known group who also made the Modern Warfare Spec Ops LAN crack. You might also want to find some AI mods to try. Assuming people know what I'm talking about, it's now v5.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, I found the launcher now, thanks. But now whenever I have it select a replay map, it opens the games, and then says something like "*TEMP* One or more files are needed to play this game are not available locally. They must be downloaded first" Yeah, I'm a little lost right now, because I thought the replay files WERE the files I needed. (They show up in the sc2 game as well, but the same message shows when trying to click on one of them.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person