Star Fox Zero Modding

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Johnny2071, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Johnny2071
    OP

Johnny2071 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 7, 2014
    United States
    In theory, would it be possible to mod Star Fox Zero to have a traditional control method (using the joystick, like Star Fox 64), as opposed to the gyro controls (based on people's many complains)?

2. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    That would be stupid to be honest. The game expect you to use the Gyro controls to play the game. Even though you can get away controlling the game like it was StarFox 64 most of the time. It would be like wanting to remove touch screen support to Mario Maker.

3. Spearel18

Spearel18 GBAtemp Regular

May 5, 2016
    Hungary
    Well if not, one thing would be really great: to shoot where the crosshair is on the tv screen(as opposed to where the crosshair aims on the gamepad)even if it means that the crosshair would be off-screen on the tv when you aim to the edges with the gamepad. This way you could aim properly on the tv screen too.

Last edited by Spearel18, Nov 7, 2016
  4. daniel26150

daniel26150 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Mexico
    That would be great I'm in I hate the controls and the camera views. If we make it like start fox 64 It would be great

5. godstriker8

godstriker8 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Canada
    YES, I would love to play it like a traditional Star Fox. Hell, I'd settle for a cursor on screen that doesn't suck.