RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To do that, open NUS downloader, goto "Database > (DSi) System > DS Download Play" and check create decrypted contents (*.app)(dsi common key required). Now click "Start NUS Download!".
When the download is done, goto titles\00030005484e4441\256 then rename 00000001.app to .nds and take to microsd.

It works on flashcarts with hbmenu.

When you use it on a 3DS (or XL) asking to Return to DSi Menu, Touch Yes, and you get taken back to 3DS HOME Menu without showing the When in Sleep Mode list. I wonder if you can do that with devkitPro & PAlib?

EDIT: If you want Pictochat on 3DS, download Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten rom, copy to flashcart, run it, touch the wrench, and touch the DS with face on the right.

Reactions: Jwiz33

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Do you also have PictoChat and other legacy apps?

I goto "Database > (DSi) System > Pictochat", then clicked "Start NUS Download!", then I get this:

--- Pictochat ---
Starting NUS Download. Please be patient!
Downloading Title 00030005484e4541 v[Latest]...
[=] Storing Decrypted Content...
[=] Storing Encrypted Content...
- Downloading TMD...
+ Downloading TMD Failed...
Download failed: "Downloading TMD Failed:
The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. ):"
NUS Download Finished.

Too bad.

Dirbaio

Trophies
Website
dirbaio.net
XP
Country
There has been a firmware.nds file around since forever, that, when launched, displays the original DS firmware, complete with download play and Pictochat.
I haven't tested it on 3DS, but it does work on DSi (in DS mode of course), so I'm pretty sure it will work fine on 3DS too.

And it's patched with FlashMe (RSA check disabled) so you can use it to download unsigned ROMs.

I'm not linking to it because I'm not sure if it's considered warez, but it's easy to find. It's on the FlashMe website.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And it's patched with FlashMe (RSA check disabled) so you can use it to download unsigned ROMs.
Oh I didn't know such feature...

As for decrypting/launching firmware as a homebrew from DSLite firmware, YSMenu and XenoFile can do. But YSMenu fails if your DSLite is flashed. Only XenoFile can decompress flashed firmware.
Also, XenoFile has a feature to return to DSi/3DS menu without resetting. (Actually) If XenoFile detects DSi, it resets to DSi menu rather than reading firmware.
cf. http://devkitpro.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2140
#XenoFile cannot distinguish 3DS from DSi, but it doesn't matter. In short, DS mode seems to be completely the same between the same.

Anyway, here one of the good points of your dlplay.nds is that it is launhced as a commericial rom. firmware.nds behaves as a homebrew.
Recently I don't use nds so much, but my next test is to check whether L+R+A+B+X+Y works :P
Thank you for this great tips!

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
There has been a firmware.nds file around since forever, that, when launched, displays the original DS firmware, complete with download play and Pictochat.
I haven't tested it on 3DS, but it does work on DSi (in DS mode of course), so I'm pretty sure it will work fine on 3DS too.

I'm not linking to it because I'm not sure if it's considered warez, but it's easy to find. It's on the FlashMe website.
Wow, I never knew it was FlashMe patched!
Now I don't have to flash my own DS Lite and dump its firmware.

avenir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I don't have to flash my own DS Lite and dump its firmware.
Well, do you really need unsigned rom loader from wifi?
I use download play only near DS-Station...

By the way 漢字そのままDS楽引辞典 is my first DS software, which I bought with DSLite... I still thinks that its pictochat integration is great.

loco365

Trophies
XP
I goto "Database > (DSi) System > Pictochat", then clicked "Start NUS Download!", then I get this:

Too bad.
It never seems to work anyways. I've tried it and it never seems to work.

As for the firmware.nds on a 3DS, it won't work because it goes into setup mode (When you first turn on a DS).

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To do that, open NUS downloader, goto "Database > (DSi) System > DS Download Play" and check create decrypted contents (*.app)(dsi common key required). Now click "Start NUS Download!".
When the download is done, goto titles\00030005484e4441\256 then rename 00000001.app to .nds and take to microsd.

It works on flashcarts with hbmenu.

When you use it on a 3DS (or XL) asking to Return to DSi Menu, Touch Yes, and you get taken back to 3DS HOME Menu without showing the When in Sleep Mode list. I wonder if you can do that with devkitPro & PAlib?

EDIT: If you want Pictochat on 3DS, download Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten rom, copy to flashcart, run it, touch the wrench, and touch the DS with face on the right.
After a chat and whatnot about this, I saw this.
I have the common key (literally just copied the text). Now where do I put it??

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should go in the same location as the .exe
ok but there's stuff said about a bin file and I can't find the thing to convert the text file to bin
in fact I can't find any way to just convert it to a bin file or make my own bin file of it easily

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Sorry, not sorry. But the guy creates his own chaos and I don't believe most everything he has...