Hacking Stable Nand Dumper + RedNAND

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No and yes.
Upon formatting sysNAND, all your USBs linked to your Wii U will no longer work. You will have to reformat the USB to your Wii U after unlinking the NANDs.
This means that all your games and saves will be deleted. If you really want to format your sysNAND, backup your saves first.

However, once you reformat your USB, it will work on redNAND.
why doesn't it work with redNand right after? redNand use the old sysnand?

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Question for those in the know. Last I heard, this didn't redirect SEEPROM. Does unlinking the NANDs by formatting sysNAND fix this or should we be extremely careful once an update comes around?

Reactions: Pachee

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice work from everyone who is involved, can't wait to see what things this might be leading to in the future. I thought about giving rednand a try, but currently I do not see any practical use in it for myself. But for developers this is a great opportunity for sure. Until then, I'll keep waiting for something along the lines of priiloader and / or bootmii like we know it from the wii. I guess in the future dumping an restoring sysnand will eventually become a thing. I'm really happy that things finally got a bit more interesting in the Wii U scene lately :)

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play backups from an SD card via Loadiine, but you can't play them online.
The differences between the USB method and this are pretty much non-existent.
You will still be using the USB method while in redNAND.
Actually, the difference between this and the USB method is we can install VC and eShop only games with redNAND, something the USB method could not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually, the difference between this and the USB method is we can install VC and eShop only games with redNAND, something the USB method could not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
did you test it? and does dlcs work? can we use the games which we installed in sysnand mode? (on rednand)

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully dumped my NAND and can boot into RedNAND without any issues. The only problem that I'm having is that if I turn my Wii U off from within RedNAND, the power light blinks orange and I can't turn it back on, unless I press the power button for a few seconds and force it to shut down. Anyone else experiencing this?

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I wouldn't unlink the nand yet, I would just make sure tubehax was on redNand too.

The only time I would look to unlink the nand and format sysnand would be when there is a cool boot solution and a way I can keep my usb games on redNand (post sysnand format). As well as redNand bringing a bit more like Wii games through gamepad etc.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I successfully dumped my NAND and can boot into RedNAND without any issues. The only problem that I'm having is that if I turn my Wii U off from within RedNAND, the power light blinks orange and I can't turn it back on, unless I press the power button for a few seconds and force it to shut down. Anyone else experiencing this?
Yes that happens to me as well.

GamingAori

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well yeah, but when you format sysNAND, it unlinks those things linked to the consoles. Things such as your NNID and USBs.
but what if we don't have the external hdd connected and format sysnand and then connect the external hdd only when we boot into rednand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii