Hacking Stable Nand Dumper + RedNAND

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it necessary to install sysConfig tool?
Nah, not really. You don't need it.
How can I see if I succeeded to launch my wii u on redNAND mode?
Simple. Make a folder in sysNAND called "sysNAND", and make a folder in redNAND called "redNAND".
That way you can differentiate from the two.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i just reiterate , not to be using random fw.img's from around the net . How sure are you of what they are before you run them ??

The instructions in the OP were purposely vague , as , as Dimok said that it isnt for the end user to really be playing with ... So you're right to be curious , but if the instruction set is too difficult , theres a reason. Your not ready for this !! ..

iOSU has been a pretty big thing people want, granted, however I've been primarily installing via games with modified tickets and not unsigned tickets. So, now that I think about it, this likely isn't something for me per se, but for someone who wants to dive deeper into the hacking part of the Wii U. :unsure: I can't afford to try this and end up bricking the console.

For those who want to use it, great, but for those who either can't compile for one reason or another, or for those who want to play it safe, that's okay too.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
D

Deleted User

I decided to go ahead and compile this for phun. It worked like a charm and went ahead and unlinked my NANDs as well. I did not have my external HDD in when I formatted sysNAND but my stuff on my HDD wont appear in my redNAND... I also have a prompt to remove missing data or something when I view my internal storage in system menu. Anybody have anything to say on either of these things? Not necessarily looking for help (not saying help would be bad); just want these things to be known so they can either be fixed or added to a list of known occurrences/issues.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I decided to go ahead and compile this for phun. It worked like a charm and went ahead and unlinked my NANDs as well. I did not have my external HDD in when I formatted sysNAND but my stuff on my HDD wont appear in my redNAND... I also have a prompt to remove missing data or something when I view my internal storage in system menu. Anybody have anything to say on either of these things? Not necessarily looking for help (not saying help would be bad); just want these things to be known so they can either be fixed or added to a list of known occurrences/issues.
Unfortunately, upon formatting sysNAND, all drives linked to that Wii U will no longer work.
You will have to reformat your HDD to use it again.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the difference between this, Loadiine and USB method?
You can play backups from an SD card via Loadiine, but you can't play them online.
The differences between the USB method and this are pretty much non-existent.
You will still be using the USB method while in redNAND.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Can i start redNAND once without format my SysNAND? I will not use redNAND after that just want to try and try my dump if that is correct to inject.

Reactions: xstationbr

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
You can play backups from an SD card via Loadiine, but you can't play them online.
The differences between the USB method and this are pretty much non-existent.
You will still be using the USB method while in redNAND.

nice , so when setting up redNAND USB will be untouched yes? i have like 10 dumps installed onto the USB HDD of mine, and mate when setting up the redNAND the saves will be untouched yeah?

wouldnt wanna lose progress!

and about redNAND, is it going to be a permanent thing , or will we have to launch the browser to boot into redNAND, and what are the pros of the redNAND over sysNAND, it will allow DLC loading etc.?

lastly, when we boot into redNAND will the USB dumps still show up fine ? what if you have a few of the dumps in a folder in sysNAND ,will they still show up in redNAND?

final-echo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for this release so expected.
That don't seems to be difficult to do in fact, but english language don't help me. :rofl:

I will wait for a french tutorial, I will be more confidence. I am afraid to make something stupid if I do this in full english.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
It's not that the instructions are "too difficult", it's just some people don't know how to compile things....if someone made a Solitaire game for Windows that you had to compile on your own first, but someone didn't know how to compile it, does that mean they're not ready to play Solitaire?
The risks are the same ?

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any drawback to using RedNAND that sysNAND doesn't have? Like vWii compatibility or something along those lines. I'm dumping my NAND at the moment just for the sake of it. I don't know if I'll migrate to RedNAND just yet, since I have a lot of games installed and reinstalling them could be quite a task. Besides, not having a coldboot solution turns me away from RedNAND.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any drawback to using RedNAND that sysNAND doesn't have? Like vWii compatibility or something along those lines. I'm dumping my NAND at the moment just for the sake of it. I don't know if I'll migrate to RedNAND just yet, since I have a lot of games installed and reinstalling them could be quite a task. Besides, not having a coldboot solution turns me away from RedNAND.
I saw someone earlier in the thread say vWii is broken on rednand, and nobody argued with them. I haven't done this yet though, so don't just take my word for it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All pope's start as priests many years experience making choir boys sing
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the reasons i said that you deleting your pronouns page was sad is bc when i made my account i realized there was more info when you put "en" before the "pronouns" part in the url of the website and that meant i didnt see all the info on your page, and also bc i would have added you to my circle
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Today's a shitty day
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Didnt know that.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm not really fond of using Pronouns.page tbf.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, Yea you already told me, you didnt feel like updating often your page or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Only good use of a Fire Stick is to pirate movies. I know that the models before HD (I think) is easy to enable dev mode.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Firestick is just android until they change os
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, soooooo I'm slowly returning to Roblox and last night I played the games on that platform with a friend of mine from there who apparently missed me. Is that ok?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its ok, I'll allow it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you gift him roblox buks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Although i have 14 robux (somebody gave me)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Al quit the drug industry and got into robloxbucks
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reject modernity, embrace tradition lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Reject tradition embrace modernity
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck Thanksgiving
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Reject modesty, embrace bdsm!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: