Hacking Stable Nand Dumper + RedNAND

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WE FINALLY GOT AN ANSWER ABOUT LINKED NANDS! Linked nands can create corrupted data on the other nand when you install titles to it, and apparantly can brick? So you want to unlink nands, i guess.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
WE FINALLY GOT AN ANSWER ABOUT LINKED NANDS! Linked nands can create corrupted data on the other nand when you install titles to it, and apparantly can brick? So you want to unlink nands, i guess.
You don't need to, I'm having no issues with linked nands and no corrupted titles have appeared.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, so we DONT need to unlink nands. WHY IS THIS SO COMPLICATED xD
Why are there so many conflicting reports about unlinking it vs. not unlinking it?
Because there's no hard evidence for either claim. Even asking in wiiubru, some aren't so sure.
Do what you think is right. If you want to format sysNAND, then go ahead.
Just make sure to backup your saves first (if you have any on a USB).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because there's no hard evidence for either claim. Even asking in wiiubru, some aren't so sure.
Do what you think is right. If you want to format sysNAND, then go ahead.
Just make sure to backup your saves first (if you have any on a USB).

Certainly fair enough, I may as well wait it out a bit, well at least until I can get a 32 GB SD card :P I have a 500 GB HDD that I used to install my games to as well.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using a NAND backup to fix a SysNAND won't work because if Nintendo releases 5.5.2, they'll more than likely block the web exploit when you need to activate RedNAND to start with....

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, and no telling when/if that will happen anytime soon. We have a lot done on the Wii U as it is, however, it all seems to require the web exploit. However, I have an idea....but odds are it won't be possible. If you remember the PS3 CFW, it would let you install FW from USB...MAYBE if some-how we could get a FW update that could be installed from USB that was "signed" or has a "fake sign" on it, then we could get RedNAND to be a "Native" NAND...or maybe edit a game to tell you to update regardless of firmware (maybe tell it to see if you are on 9.9.9), if not, then have you update with a RedNAND FW file...doubt that would be possible...but a good thought still :)

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, and no telling when/if that will happen anytime soon. We have a lot done on the Wii U as it is, however, it all seems to require the web exploit. However, I have an idea....but odds are it won't be possible. If you remember the PS3 CFW, it would let you install FW from USB...MAYBE if some-how we could get a FW update that could be installed from USB that was "signed" or has a "fake sign" on it, then we could get RedNAND to be a "Native" NAND...or maybe edit a game to tell you to update regardless of firmware (maybe tell it to see if you are on 9.9.9), if not, then have you update with a RedNAND FW file...doubt that would be possible...but a good thought still :)
Don't some games check if you have an old version and even contain the latest FW on disc? Couldn't we use a replacing tool to replace the FW on the disc, run the game and get the update? Do they even use the same way of updating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question please when I unlink my nands should I take my external hard drive out before I format sysnand or leave it in because I am worrying about formatting sysnand and then plugging it back in and no games showing up afterwards? what should i do for the best thanks. Also should the sd card be in the slot or not when formatting sysnand? I presume not but just checking.

Last edited by Reecey,

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quick question please when I unlink my nands should I take my external hard drive out before I format sysnand or leave it in because I am worrying about formatting sysnand and then plugging it back in and no games showing up afterwards? what should i do for the best thanks. Also should the sd card be in the slot or not when formatting sysnand?
Either way, Both sysnand & rednand wont be able to read the HDD after unlinking/formatting sysnand whether its connected or not while formatting..

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Either way, Both sysnand & rednand wont be able to read the HDD after unlinking/formatting sysnand whether its connected of not while formatting..
So your saying you will lose everthing on the hard drive when formatted even out? it wont recognize on the wiiu.

Last edited by Reecey,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt32379128/ Pirates!