ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hello.
SSBU is broken for me on Atmosphere 0.8.8 and 0.8.9, or I think its´s the cause at least (I use Kosmos). The game launches as normal with the switch logo, but after that there´s a black screen. Upon closing the software HOS states that the software was closed due to an error occuring. If I switch back to Atmo 0.8.7, or rather the Kosmos version including it, Smash works as it should again. Every other game works as they should on 0.8.9 so I don´t understand what the problem is.

My switch is on fw 5.1.0 and Smash is v. 1.0.0.

Thanks in advance

SOLVED: The latest Kosmos releases don´t include fs_patches in the optional sigpatches download anymore, and the lack of them seemed to be the cause of the problem? Now I use the newest release of Kosmos while still keeping the fs_patches folder from Kosmos v.12.0.1 and SSBU works again!

Last edited by ArviDroid,

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Try replacing your sig patches with newer one on Atmosphere 0.89, Smash 1.0.0 should work on 5.1.0.
That does not seem to be the problem unfortunately. I have been playing Smash on 5.1.0 for a long time so I know it works. It just doesn´t work on the two/ three newest Atmosphere updates or the Kosmos versions with them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

check if you have cheats enabled in system_settings.ini in atmosphere folder on your sd card.
Cheats were not on!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does not seem to be the problem unfortunately. I have been playing Smash on 5.1.0 for a long time so I know it works. It just doesn´t work on the two/ three newest Atmosphere updates or the Kosmos versions with them.

Cheats were not on!

Then you probably have to update your firmware, 5.1.0 are really low firmware if you want to use latest release of atmosphere.

Last edited by Hayato213,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Maybe you should open an issue on the atmosphere github, it might be a bug that SciresM needs to fix.

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Then you probably have to update your firmware, 5.1.0 are really low firmware if you want to use latest release of atmosphere.
I don´t believe that 5.1.0 is a low enough firmware for it to cause issues on Atmosphere, if any firmware does it at all, based on my speculation. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

Maybe you should open an issue on the atmosphere github, it might be a bug that SciresM needs to fix.
I guess I could. But first I´d like to at least narrow it down to the cause, if possible.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess I could. But first I´d like to at least narrow it down to the cause, if possible.

Well the first thing I would try is on the latest OS, because there could easily be an incompatibility involving 5.1, SSBU and latest atmosphere.

Bushido1992

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Had a similar Problem on 8.0.0 /AMS 0.8.9. Yugioh cannot be started and a error Pops up (other game works) after downgrade to 7.0.1 all works fine

ArviDroid

Infamous GBAtemper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well the first thing I would try is on the latest OS, because there could easily be an incompatibility involving 5.1, SSBU and latest atmosphere.
That would be unlikely? I mean it's only a minor update that breaks the game. But what do I know? I'll see if I can find the cause first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc